[XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games

Started by KK20, February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

You should probably post this on the RMXPAce support website: http://rmxpace.com

Also, when you do, please provide details, such as if you're using our official release, or if you built the Ace instance yourself; if it's your own fork, what scripts did you include, etc.?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

G_G

I understand you're trying to get your website a bit more attention, but don't force it onto people. If he wants to request support here because there are more members and it's a bit more active, then so be it.

Quote from: bigace on July 26, 2014, 05:04:36 pm
So... I guess bump once again? :???:

I just tested this in XP Ace. The code is:

website = [
 'http://forum.chaos-project.com/'
]
 Thread.new { system("start #{website[0]}") }

And here's a GIF showing it.

Large GIF: ShowHide

If you're using RPG Maker XP 1.05, it likes to overwrite the RGSS104E.dll in your project folder every time you playtest it through the editor.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: gameus on July 27, 2014, 11:01:06 am
I understand you're trying to get your website a bit more attention, but don't force it onto people. If he wants to request support here because there are more members and it's a bit more active, then so be it.

Quite the opposite actually. I mean, yeah, I would love as much exposure as possible, but part of the reason I would direct people there is that the scripters here that normally are the ones to answer the requests, happen to already be registered over there too. So, in conclusion, I would say the core people needed for these requests can be reached at either site. In addition, the other site is supposed to be the site for support, and since it's operable, I figure why split the same data between two sites? I do understand what you mean though, even though the scripters here are registered on the XPAce site, some of them visit here more frequently (though looking at it, all of the lead scripters have been on in the past 24 hours >.> )

I dunno, I somehow thought that sending people who needed support for XPAce to the website set up for support for XPAce might be a helpful thing. Not to mention that a new version of XPA will be available on the site as of August 1st and all that happy stuff..

Quote from: gameus on July 27, 2014, 11:01:06 am

I just tested this in XP Ace. The code is:

website = [
  'http://forum.chaos-project.com/'
]
  Thread.new { system("start #{website[0]}") }

And here's a GIF showing it.

Large GIF: ShowHide

Mind if I add this to the support site, or would you like to place it there yourself?
EDIT: Would I be correct in assuming that the URL is contained in an array, and that being an array, you can store as many URL's as you want, and simply reference the index of the site you want to send the player to in the script call?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: PhoenixFire on July 28, 2014, 06:26:19 pm
In addition, the other site is supposed to be the site for support

Sure, it's supposed to be, but people still can (and should) ask for help here too since it's far more active.

KK20

And we can always just archive the questions asked here to the other forum. Terv always posted errors and its solution to it immediately afterwards on the old website.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

ArcaneAlchemy

I finally took a look at the script Zexion. I like what you did there, but that's not really what I was going for. What I'm trying to do is have the FPS cranked up to full while retaining the normal speeds of battles(messages, animation, ect), walking, messages, and everything else. That way there is smoothness and not a change in the intended speed of rmxp. I say that your script did not meet my desires because I changed the SPEED = x setting and even at 1 the speeds were far faster than the default RMXP setup. I could very well be missing something though if I'm supposed to configure something else further into the code and not in the top config section.

The code I'm working on is to have the FPS for better smoothness but no change(or as close as I can get it) in game speed.
"Wait? Do I look like a waiter?" -Kefka

KK20

First, the easy stuff, is to find all
Graphics.frame_count % 2
in your scripts and replace the 2 with a 3.

Everything else you want is merely changing the constants of functions, but you have to know where to look. Walk animation is this line:
if @anime_count > 18 - @move_speed * 2
Try increasing the 18 to 27 or 28 (logic of 40FPS -> 60FPS = 1.5x increase).

This can be a devoted project by one of us to add to the kit; however, it will only extend towards the default scripts.

Other Projects

ArcaneAlchemy

Ah, that's exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for. I did something like this with the Game_Character update_move method and replaced the exponents with constants. Yeah, it sounds tedious, but from what I've seen so far it has to be done this way. Unfortunately, nearly every update method stands on its own..

In which script are you suggesting to modify the Graphics.frame_count in?

KK20

All of them. I know RPG::Sprite uses this to update its Animation frames. There probably aren't a whole lot of their instances, but it's worth a shot. I spew them all over the place in my project.

Other Projects

ArcaneAlchemy

Hmm, well I might try and hail mary and find/replace all of the instances. I'm thinking about maybe changing the FPS back to 40 or so when entering battle or whatever it is and then on battle exit kick it back up. That way I'll only have to worry about animation, weather, flash, tone, and anything else mentioned above. That'll at least make it semi-workable out of the box.

PhoenixFire

Just wanted to correct something that's stated earlier in this thread. The trick Blizz mentioned about the +R+S attributes, in fact does not work. What I tested that worked was if you changed the attributes after the game loaded and removed the read-only attributes, then saved the game, it didn't changed the ini and dll file. HOWEVER! Yeah, completely ignore any solution with this :p Every time you load a project, it checks and removes read-only flags (regardless of the 'system' flag) and overwrites the game.ini file. It also overwrites the .dll file, or, if the .dll it wants does not exists, creates it for you. So even still, if you edit your game and save it, you'll still have to edit the config file and put in the proper .dll file; I have one more solution to try out, and I'll let you all know how that turns out..

ForeverZer0

I don't know what you mean. You don't even need to set the properties through command prompt. As I stated earlier, simply right-click the Game.ini file, check the "Read-Only" flag and your done.

I just tested and confirmed, it is not overwritten.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Moshan

I've already posted this on the RMXPAce support website: http://rmxpace.com but I think I should also post it here  :^_^':

Script Name: Battle Dome (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,3183.0.html)
Screenshot: I couldn't explain by pictures...so I've made a video: http://youtu.be/hwe1kcYXbBk
Description of Error: As you can see in video after the battle is done the message window doesn't show any text. It does not display the experience/gold gained nor the items.

Extra: This issue does not occur without RMXPAce engine. I've noticed that the window size modifies when it needs to display multiple lines of text. (for example when gaining items and experience it requires 2 lines of text to display this)

Thanks in advance!

Demo (if needed):https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz22DF-S1J2nbVR1QWZMR2xXMU0

PhoenixFire

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on August 02, 2014, 12:24:43 pm
I don't know what you mean. You don't even need to set the properties through command prompt. As I stated earlier, simply right-click the Game.ini file, check the "Read-Only" flag and your done.

I just tested and confirmed, it is not overwritten.

May I ask, what version of the editor are you using? Because the 1.05 version through Steam is most certainly doing it.

Zexion

It overwrites when the editor is opened, but not if the editor is already open. So if you change the ini, and then open the editor, it would overwrite the ini file. If you opened the editor first, and then changed the ini, it works. Blizz's command prompt fix was supposed to stop this from happening altogether, but rmxp doesn't open if it can't change the read only attribute for some reason.

The easiest fix is just to delete the normal dll and rename the rgss300.dll
For some reason I thought you couldn't do that but it's actually in the main post ._.

PhoenixFire

No, it overwrites the .dll as well, as far as I know. I tried leaving the .ini file as it's "supposed" to be with RGSS104E and renamed the dll to that. It overwrote the dll and then complained 'specified procedure could not be found' when I tried to run it. So, no, no good.

Zexion

That's weird because that's what me kk20, and (i think) drago do.
I'd recommend using rmxp v1.02 to v1.04 because the 1.05 seems to be all around annoying xD

G_G

Steam's editor is extremely inefficient. You can't open projects directly using Game.rxproj, you can't have more than one RMXP instance open, and it overrides your ini and dll as you just pointed out.

ForeverZer0

I can make real basic launcher for the editor if you would like.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is what you need to happen:

• Game.ini needs to NOT be read-only when editor first opens

• After opening, Game.ini needs to have the "Library" set to RGSS301.dll

• Game.ini needs to be set to read-only so that when saved, the editor cannot change it

• After the editor exits, Game.ini needs the read-only taken off for the next run

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Zexion