[XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games

Started by KK20, February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalgalamoth

wow! so cool! thanks a lot! I will check them now n.n

Amazing, thanks for your help!

SolarisSpell

I must say, this is some kind of unthinkable witchcraft, and it is amazing.

I'm having a lot of little problems after implementing it, but I'm fighting to make it compatible with my project. I'm sure it will be worth it.

So, great job

Metalgalamoth

I got a new crash error. Script XPA Main: Line 19: RuntimeWError ocurred. Traceback too big. Outpo}ut in traceback.log
What is that? lol

KK20

Already answered in a PM, but posting here for others.

XPA comes equipped with a traceback script for better debugging (see Main). The pop-up window that typically happens when an error occurs can only fit so much text in it. If your traceback is too large, as a result, it outputs the error to an external LOG file in your game project's folder.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

SolarisSpell

I got those errors from time to time. A file named 'traceback.log' located in your game folder should have the error info, but some times it says the error but not where it happens, so just check both the error pop-up and the tracebak file and it should be ok

brofalla

July 19, 2021, 12:27:25 pm #385 Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 12:33:58 pm by brofalla
I was playing around with RMXPAce and tried porting an older game.
With RMXPAce I get the left image and without it the right image.
I also get the right image when I use XP Ace Tilemap & XPA_Window
standalone without the rest of RMXPAce.

https://imgur.com/a/A7x4UyY

Do you have an idea what could cause this rendering problem ?
The script is perfectly fine and has throws no errors.

The problem of not displaying the graphics only happens in certain scenes,
but works the rest of the time.

KK20

When you mean by standalone, do you mean you're running on XP/RGSS1 engine? or XPA with most of the extra scripts I added removed?

It seems like a simple Z layer issue to me.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

SolarisSpell

July 21, 2021, 08:16:41 am #387 Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 08:29:34 am by SolarisSpell
When I updated to XPA, I also had problems with some images overlapping others.
It was specially clear during combat, as some battler where above its window, but below the border of such windows. And they appeared above the text of the menus, hiding the letters of what you were selecting.

I had to make some modifications to my scripts.
Regarding XPA, I had to edit [XPA] XPA_Window -- def _update_z
I changed the values of the background and the border until it worked.

After that I had to make some strange changes in my project. I even had to modify some viewports in order to make everything appear where it should (I know I tried creating new viewports, but I can't remember if that was a solution or just something I discarded), so I don't really know what I did or where, so I can't be more specific
Maybe you can also fix your project making changes like that

kikiki

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Has anyone been able to download the 2.34 / latest files from Dropbox? No matter what I try (cleaning caches, trying other browsers etc) I'm unable to download the files.

If anyone has any tips or can offer a mirror dl I'd very much appreciate it! Just got back into rmxp and these updates would be stellar.

Edit: finally got the files to download on mobile.

Now I just get a generic error when I try to playtest a blank / new project:

"The specified procedure could not be found"

There's nothing after that. :/

Edit 2: Even though I'm not using the Steam version, the new DLL keeps being overwritten by the old one after saving, so that seems to be the problem. Instead of using the patcher / launcher method, I went into my program files and replaced the original DLL the engine uses to replace the project ones with. Now it saves with the XP Ace DLL every time.

KK20

Doesn't have to specifically be the steam version, could just be v1.05 in general that does that.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!