[XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games

Started by KK20, February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KK20

Website update looks nice! (Now how the hell do you have ~400 points when I'm still in the 100s? I was only trailing behind you by 10 points before the update :P)

I have been trying to request to reset my password since yesterday and still haven't received an email.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Terv

@KK20: Points are not entirely based on votes anymore but mainly depend on how many best answers, answers in general and reports you have submitted. So I guess all those self-answered entries made my advantage. Plus previous votes weren't migrated as there's no anon votes anymore, so yeah..
:haha:

Gmail usually puts these mails into the Spam folder due to bad reputation and popularity of .tk domains among phisers, so your mail is most likely in there.
I could switch to .com anytime but I like tk's phonetic similarity to "tracker" when read as a word and I do appreciate Tokelau's absolute anonymous domain registration.

Anyway, added a note on that on the respective page.

KK20

Oh right, spam. I always forget that's there. My mistake :<_<:

Other Projects

LiTTleDRAgo

I found another XP tilemap script for RGSS3 : http://www.whiteflute.org/wfrgss/?mode=view&realmId=1&pageId=41
too bad when I try to implement it the game.exe will crash if player is changing map / returning from scene menu

can someone take a look of this?

Terv

Nice find, I stumbled upon this one quite a while ago but didn't think it was worth the effort back then. But that was also when I found that Seph's rewrite is the best :^_^':

Care sharing your progress here?

AliveDrive

Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Terv

Nice, thanks :) not sure if that was worth it though; in the German forums a couple people encountered some severe bugs when running this rewrite, even in non-graphical scripts - I wonder how Seph accomplished that :P

LiTTleDRAgo

It seems I'm unable to contact WhiteFlute via email, I wonder why
if someone interested for contacting him, http://www.whiteflute.org/?mode=view&realmName=WFWeb&name=FAQ/サポート

Terv

He/she wants you to use the (pretty dead) support forum for everything script-related. Yet why not try it in the XPMAP-EX subforum?

Zexion

I really want the improved speed/rendering from this, so I will definately do this once (any of) my project(s) are near done. The thing is, what script do I use for resolution? Is it an XP script or Ace script? Wondering because I need to develop certain things at the proper resolution..

Edit: Also, if I don't use any resolution script, what will the default size be? XP sized or Ace sized?

Terv

The default resolution is still 640x480. If you want to run your game on a different resolution I'd recommend using ForeverZer0's rewrite (an XP script, included in the kit). Automatic support for lower resolution is an RGSS3 (C++) tilemap feature and thus not included here.

Even though the stuff you implement in this tutorial is often referred to as "RGSS3" (yet by myself for simplification, see sig) it's actually just a small part of the real RGSS3 (namely hidden classes without tilemap); your game is still running mostly on RGSS1 which is the reason you can still use all your XP scripts and still can't use any scripts written for RGSS3 without prior edits.

LiTTleDRAgo

if you want a bit of cheat, take it from my devtool : http://littledrago.blogspot.com/2013/07/rgss23-drago-core-engine.html

Spoiler: ShowHide

# The result will differ for XP engine (I recommend to not using 3 command below in RMXP engine)
Graphics.scale_screen(800,600)             # Unlike Graphics.resize_screen, this will scale your screen
Graphics.control_screen_size(true / false) # Can control size of the screen with mouse (you can even maximize your game)
Graphics.fill_monitor                      # Maximize
#-----------------------------------------------------------------
Graphics.fullscreen                        # Turn to fullscreen
Graphics.window                            # Turn to windowed

personally, I didn't recommend F0's rewrite right now (still had bugs, some of tiles in the map are missing or isn't drawed right)
also the sprite priority is messed up

KK20

I'm still working on F0's. Give me time :P

What things are wrong with it right now? My list is a bit small at the moment. Only thing I have is displaying tiles over animating autotiles.

Other Projects

LiTTleDRAgo

Note : I get F0's tilemap from XP Ace Upgrade Kit 1.8en (7/28/2013 - 02:15 PM GMT+7)

KK20

Other Projects

Zexion

Does the scale thing affect the sprites or the window size?
If it affects the sprites, that would be amazing lol

LiTTleDRAgo

@kk20
it seems deleting XAS have no effect with the map (the FPS did increase)

@zexion
all the game screen

KK20

@drago
I figured out why those tiles are missing in your screenshot.
Spoiler: ShowHide

As to why it does that, I'll still need to look into it. I guess F0's treats <None> autotiles as blank squares, effectively erasing everything on its level of priority and below it in layers. I wonder what the FPS issue is (but I think I have a few hunches). Also tried running your XAS fix demo with King's tilemap script and I was getting slight pausing every now and then.

Tried using F0's instead and I was able to get to the title screen. Unlike your screenshot, I saw the 'New Game', etc. commands. But upon starting I got a 'undefined method tileset= for Tilemap', which I'll need to look into as well. It's strange because I've never known about that.

Other Projects