[XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games

Started by KK20, February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KK20

What hissy fit?

If it's the 'superclass mismatch' error, the fix has already been provided.

Object.send(:remove_const, :Plane)

Put that just above class Plane

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

PhoenixFire

Honestly, I didn't post the error message, because I'm not totally sure what went wrong... I simply tried to run it (both within and not from the editor), and it threw an error that was something like "the specified procedure could not be found"

EDIT(kinda): ...but I think I just figured out that it was the .dll file...  I'll try again with the other re-write at some point too.

I went back in and renamed the dll file, and it threw a really similar error, if not the same exact one. Says what I think it said earlier, so, yeah, that might be all it was..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Terv

A couple of days ago a person told me her project stopped working after updating her RMXP to 1.05. If you're running 1.05 as well, please check this site with solutions in order to be able to playtest your project:
RPGXP 1.05 overwrites RGSS3 dll when saving

I've also updated the tutorial.

sekiraze

SOUNDS AWESOME!

Still there is one thing that made me cringe so hard, i died and got revived back to life.

" Auf Theutsch bitte sehr"....

as an Original German Grammar Nazi: It is "Auf Deutsch bitte sehr" And eventhough it makes no sense "Auf Deutsch" it is enough.

pls dont kill me.

Terv

Quote from: sekiraze on December 31, 2013, 08:32:28 amas an Original German Grammar Nazi: It is "Auf Deutsch bitte sehr"
:haha:  :facepalm:  :haha:
Einspruch! I do beseech thee to read this excerpt, for I am afraid thou art mistaken!

sekiraze

i am familiar with this very term, because it was part of my philosophy courses at school. I didn't mean to be rude here, but who the hell is supposed to know that the term is basically known irony? I mean. If i didn't know, id assume that the term is written right. and when you come to germany and say that, people will think you're a retard :o

PhoenixFire

Hey Terv, just wanted to ask your permission to use your tutorial as a basis for a "starter kit" I'm going to be making for new people. I've found at least a few people who would bee interested in someone making the conversion/injection of the engine for them, and along with is, I plan to rewrite a few classes and include some of the more useful scripts as "standard" distribution scripts.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Terv

Sure thing, sounds interesting. I've made this tutorial with people in mind that already had an XP game in the works and wanted to pimp it a bit. Also thought about making an all-in-one script including some of the fixes from the tracker as well, allowing you to de-/activate them in a config header. Yet I didn't feel like there was a need for it, seeing that the kit only gets downloaded about 6 times a day.

I'm curious what "making the conversion of the engine for them" would look like? Is there anything easier than c'n'ping a couple files and scripts?

PhoenixFire

Eh, it'll look a lot like any other demo game really, just with a non-standard database, new looks and such, and ready for someone to come along and make a new game out of it all =P

Zexion

I was about to switch back to using the ACE engine, but then I noticed the files are down. I've managed to get the rgss301.dll and game.exe, but I'm missing the scripts D:

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Zexion on March 14, 2014, 07:34:23 am
I was about to switch back to using the ACE engine, but then I noticed the files are down. I've managed to get the rgss301.dll and game.exe, but I'm missing the scripts D:

Give a couple minutes to finish uploading, but here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25886192/XP%20Ace%20Upgrade%20Kit.rar

KK20

Updated link. I wonder where Terv went, seeing as the website is no longer up.
Oh lol, last seen a couple days ago. WHAT YOU DOING TERV?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

Maybe she couldn't afford the payment? D: I sent her a pm incase she gets those c-p emails.

Terv

I still have CP as an app tab but didn't take a single look till today -- life's been extremely busy for me lately, sorry.

I had to wipe the server that the files and bugtracker was hosted on a while ago and didn't get to install the backups somewhere else yet. The hoster also cancelled all my other servers so I don't have a place to host the bugtracker at the moment. Apparently they weren't amused I had over 100TB of outgoing traffic in 5 days. Idk what's wrong with them.

Anyway, thank you Phoenix for providing a mirror; 2.3 is still the latest version but I definitely should check all the scripts for updates soon.

PhoenixFire

You're very welcome. If you do end up updating it, let me know, and I'll host the newest files as well. Fun fact, I work as an actual web developer now, so I should have a decent site or two of my own up and running soon enough. I'll have an actual file-host as one of them, and probably a script-enabled server of some type. At some point I'll put together a few different versions of this as well, including the whole kit pre-assembled as one variation.

bigace

I'm having trouble getting this to go straight to the Internet with this code:
Lambda {Thread.new {system ("start #{http://www.chaos-project.com}")}}

Instead of going to the address I put in there it just restarts the game as if I pressed F12. This code works in rmvxace fine and if you take away the Lambda {} in rmxp the code works fine as well.

But in RMXPACE if:

• you remove the Lambda { } you get a error and;

• adding it restarts the game as if you pressed F12

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.

G_G

Why not just use this?

system ("start http://www.chaos-project.com")

If you're just opening a web page, I don't see the point in having it in it's own thread. Just tested the code in both XP and Ace, but not AceXP.

bigace

Ya I already stated that it works fine in xp and vxace, if what I said was confusing to read I apologize, I was using phone to type. It just doesn't work in XPACE. I also try what you said and I get an error.

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.

Moshan

Hello!
Can somebody help me with this?
Quote from: Terv on February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

RMXP version 1.05: Refer to the solution of this report.

The link is not working and I would appreciate if someone can share with me the information on that site.
Thanks in advance!

PhoenixFire

Quote from: adytza001 on June 02, 2014, 11:45:12 am
The link is not working and I would appreciate if someone can share with me the information on that site.
Thanks in advance!

Quote from: Terv on April 12, 2014, 08:13:43 pm
...I had to wipe the server that the files and bugtracker was hosted on a while ago...

There's your answer... The site's gone, no backup, nadda. Noone else can access it either to share it with you. I'll see what I can dig up, but i unno.