[XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games

Started by KK20, February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

Just a heads up, Metal:
I am pretty sure you're using Project Zelda Engine, and last I tried, XPAce doesn't work with it. :(
(or maybe I did something wrong, lol, so definitely try)

PhoenixFire

nope, not supported yet.

I honestly didn't know that the project zelda engine was still going on. I can see about looking into the zelda engine working with ace, at least sometime down the road.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

MetalZelda

Quote from: Sgt. Tuggernuts on August 24, 2014, 10:01:01 pm
Just a heads up, Metal:
I am pretty sure you're using Project Zelda Engine, and last I tried, XPAce doesn't work with it. :(
(or maybe I did something wrong, lol, so definitely try)

Maybe XAS or the fact that all the scripts are located in a folder insteal of a .rxdata file ^^

Zexion

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Zexion on August 25, 2014, 11:03:51 am
Why would they even do that lol

Probably so they can write code without being stuck with RMXP's crappy script editor.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

syldocaine

KK20

That's probably because of the Tilemap rewrite you are using draws the entire map before displaying it. I'd suggest using either whiteflute's or my XP Ace Tilemap for your needs.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

syldocaine

Ok i will give it a try.
I just tested the demo from littledrago and made a 100x100 map.

Edit:Ok with your script,it works,now there are only a few bugs.

Fogs don't work and in the battle screen the battler sprites overlay the HP/SP values

Zexion

The battle system bug isn't related to the custom resolution. It's just a matter of z priority. For some reason, the ace conversion thing requires you to be overly specific about the z layers of things in a window.

KK20

I'm not sure about the fog thing. I've tested it and they do work, even on higher resolutions. Are you sure it isn't a script conflict?
And same thing as Zexion said--that battle system z-layer issue happens regardless of whatever Tilemap you use.

Other Projects

syldocaine

I'm using a clean project without any custom scripts.Only the ones for the VX Ace Engine.
The fogs and panoramas only appear when I change the resolution from 640x480 to something higher.(Even 641x480 is enough).

Maybe i did something wrong.

I've uploaded my test project,so you can look into it, if you want.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-9802429/XPAce.rar.html

KK20

Well, the project you sent me seems to just be the Ace conversion kit rather than your actual project. Regardless, I deleted King's Tilemap, added XPA Tilemap in its place, changed the resolution in its configuration to [640,480], threw in the DLL of course, and made an event that turned on the fog. Worked perfectly fine.

Also, I don't think this is the most recent version of the kit as I don't see the Window Padding and the fix for custom fonts.

Other Projects

syldocaine

Hmm I just downloaded some of the demos from this topic to test it little bit.
I think i got an older version.

Whatever, now it works fine for me aswell.

Thx alot.

PhoenixFire

Added the new tilemap rewrite from KK20 into the download package. If one of the delightful mods could update the link in the OP, the download link is: http://rmxpace.com/rmxpace/XPAce.zip

Wraith89

I have been meaning to ask this, but PhoenixFire, do you happen to have a list of credits for the resources in your demo? I can trace some back to Mazeran or Naramura and default Ace resources for your battlers, for example, while those icons I either see in almost any RPG Maker communities but I see some occasional actual game ones such as Maplestory and such, but I am unsure where your animations come from, and I have actually been using some of those animation sprites. I would be quite grateful if I knew who to properly attribute each resources to.

Zexion

Brings up a good point, you should make a proper credit list for resources other than scripts :P

KK20

I put the link on the OP, but I'm getting a webpage not available.

Other Projects

Wraith89

I downloaded it before, so I can upload if you want, but I need a good sharing site for this. I am uncertain what is good these days.

EDIT: The link is working for me. I don't think it is necessary.

KK20

Still can't access the page. You don't have to upload it since Phoenix should be able to address this pretty soon.

Other Projects