[XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games

Started by KK20, February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

I checked both the Stand-alone conversion kit, and the latest build of XPAce (the zip file) and both started the download right away.. You may have hit the server at one of the moments it's been down (we've been doing alot of work on all the sites on my server and overloading the resources)
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

PhoenixFire

Have you tried clear cache and hard reload? I don't know why I would be able to download it from the office and Wraith could get it, but you aren't reaching it... Try going directly to the main site as well? See if you can ping it, send a traceroute, etc.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Zexion

KK20

Cleared cache, flushed DNS, reloaded, tried using another computer...

Still the same picture I posted.

Other Projects

PhoenixFire

Yeah, it's down now for me too, but that's because the entire server is offline. Which kinda sucks because that means it knocked 4 sites offline..

Zexion

Weird, I actually tried downloading it when kk20 posted his last comment, and it still worked o.o

PhoenixFire

Re-Uploaded file and tested, so it's currently there. It also appears that aluxes-loves-erik.tk is yet again dead and gone, so, I guess for the time being, use rmxpace.com for issues and such. The site's kind-of dead at the moment, so, I need to do some housekeeping and such on it, but, it'll be up and running again shortly I think.

ForeverZer0

Zexion made me aware that the little launcher I made was not always successful for him, so I made a new variation of it. It uses a different way of accomplishing the same end result. I don't know which way most will prefer, as this variation requires renaming the existing Game.exe and Game.ini, but I have tested it every-which way I know how, and it seems to work consistently.

Step 1
Rename both "Game.exe" and "Game.ini" to anything other than "Game", but their names must be the same with the exception of the file extension. Example: "My Awesome Game.exe" and "My Awesome Game.ini"

Step 2
Download the launcher and place it within the game directory.

Step 3
Run the game using the launcher

This will allow you to run the game normally by either using the launcher, or playtesting via the editor (you should not have renamed "Game.rxproj"). The editor searches for Game.exe, so this method of doing requires the launcher to have the name Game.exe, but it does seem to work better. Arguments passed to the launcher are passed to the default Game.exe, so you will still have DEBUG set when running from the editor.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Zexion

Seems to work a lot better this way, however I notice that it requires the 301 dll in the main folder and doesn't consider the path for it from the .ini
Reason I mention this is because I made a 'system' folder to hold all the dlls for my project and just changed their path's in all the scripts including the .ini but when I launch it asks for the dll in the main folder

ForeverZer0

I agree that it needs some configuration.
I was thinking on how best handle that, I wanted to avoid the need to create a another .ini or .xml file that needed to be within the game directory, which would be required for allowing user configurations.

For your exact scenario, it would be possible to do a recursive search looking for the appropriate library without another config file. This was just kind of a quick test, so I could do whatever with it from here.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Zexion

Is there a reason or limitation against reading the .ini file? To get the directory/name of the dll?
The .ini should always look something like this:
Library=RGSS102E.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rxdata
Title=Untitled
RTP1=
RTP2=
RTP3=

So you can get the name of the dll / path from there.
I don't think the .ini files will ever be any different, and you could just add an exception for that case.
Edit:
Also, I've been using it for a while, and it seems to be working for good now :P

ForeverZer0

The reason is the very one that causes the need for the launcher in the first place: if run from the editor, the .ini file will be changed. Basically all the launcher does is write the library name to the .ini file and then run the standard Game.exe application.

Zexion

Well you could also just release the source code, so anyone who needs to modify the path can do so on their own :P
Because I'm sure only ocd people like me will actually change it.

Edit :
You could just make an extra .xml or .ini and store it in the data folder (you could even make a .rxdata if you really wanted lol)
Like, create one only if it doesn't exist, and then read the line from there.

PhoenixFire

For those interested, the site is now back up, on it's own hosting, with a better provider. Old links probably won't work though, as I'm using a new CMS and completely different URL structure; however, for legacy purposes, I kept the main XPAce.zip download in the same location, since it's linked to in about 1.5 trillion places.

Additionally, I'll be finishing up some work on it over the next few days; and I'll be putting in a new release of it: Google+ Event Page

KK20

Well I somehow found Terv's help tracker thingie: http://crimminali.com/
It got ran over by advertising bots though :P

Should probably consult the posts there before we lose it again.

Glad I can finally access the website again :D

Other Projects

PhoenixFire

I agree, though, it'll take a bit to sift through all the spam haha. I'll get a move-on with the tracker and such as soon as I can.

Edit to the entire project: http://rmxpace.com/rmxp-ace-version-1-5-released/

Zexion

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Zexion on February 03, 2015, 01:19:36 am
The new site is much better than the old one pheonix :o

Thank you! :)

It's also alot more stable. I took that site and transferred it to GoDaddy hosting, and I love it so much more than hosting24 (they can go die in a bottomless pit filled with lava and nightmares for all I care). Sooooo.... I'll be needing my staff back :looks at you and KK20:

Nibel

Hey Phoenix,

downloaded your file to see what it is capable of, and you seem to have overwritten the Game.ini. I fixed that myself but there is still some graphics missing (Characters/184-Light01). You should fix that :)