[XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games

Started by KK20, February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

Ah, I see. Simply import from the RTP into the game resources, and it should be fixed. I'll go ahead and fix that. Note that you can also report these issues directly on the RMXPAce site as well!
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

Quote from: PhoenixFire on February 03, 2015, 07:34:29 am
I'll be needing my staff back :looks at you and KK20:

I'll be willing to help out with script troubleshooting like always.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

If you guys are still working on this, got a few minor bugs:

- No Panorama at all
- Fogs / Clouds dont seem to work
- Glitchiness when an Event is under a Priority 1 Tile and Screen is scrolling

I actually got a good portion of my "Collection" working on Ace, including the new stuff I was working on (and have been slacking on also)...  A few minor things, changed Ryex's Dynamic Sounds from $game_map.id to $game_map.map_id on line 664, MMW changed color.type = Color to color.is_a?(Color), Transitions Module: had to change all "when 1:" statements to remove the following : character, XRXS Battle System changed the calls to "draw_line (args)" to not have spaces between method and parenthesis, and thats pretty much it!  Windowskins are messed up, but havent tried to fix them yet. 

Definitely bettar performance.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

Could have sworn anything using the Plane class worked. I'm pretty sure I tested those under my Tilemap.
I'll take a look at the priority 1 thing.

Other Projects

Heretic86

Quote from: KK20 on April 03, 2015, 03:43:57 pm
Could have sworn anything using the Plane class worked. I'm pretty sure I tested those under my Tilemap.
I'll take a look at the priority 1 thing.

I just did a bit more testing on Priority 1 glitch, it does affect other Priorities depending on the height of the Sprite.  Looks like it happens when the difference has a event real value at least < 128 to the priority tile, so guessing .ceil was used?  Standard Z fighting bs.

---

Another interesting thing to note was instead of editing game.ini to use 301 libraries, change the name of the file name of the dll itself to either RGSS102E.dll ro RGSS104E.dll to allow simply using the "play" button from the XP editor to fire up the Ace RGSS dll.  Should have mentioned that in the previous post.  Local dll files will be used, regardless of file names, over dll files installed to other locations. 

Basically, rename the .dll file itself instead of editing the .ini file.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

In my XPAce test project, fogs and panoramas work fine. As for the priority 1, an event standing still while the screen moves doesn't seem to do anything strange. Are you sure these problems arose from the default XPAce package or did you throw in your scripts while playing with it?

And yeah, I've known about the whole "renaming the DLL file" bit. I don't get why that isn't suggested in the readme when it's been mentioned plenty of times before in the past.

Other Projects

Heretic86

The dll trick was mostly for other people who ever came across that post.

No other scripts, but on occasion, I do get weird "caching" of a script with F0's Auto Font Loader.  F0's script, after I restart my computer, I have to make an alteration of some sort to the auto font loader script to get the fonts to load with the Win32API - AddFontResource.  Seems more like a system issue on me and I have no clue on that, maybe interference from other programs that run in Ruby?  I've googled for ruby caching and came up with squat.  I do have a resident memory program that is built in Ruby, which is the only thing I can think of.

To create the bugs I ran into, the only changes I made were adding a 2nd map and transferred to it.  I did have another existing project that I applied XPAce to, if it is at all related to some sort of "caching" problem.  Perhaps video card related, or video driver related?  Drivers are up to date and that doesnt make much sense either tho.

/stumped
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

Zexion

btw you don't need f0's auto font loader if you're using this. Just place the fonts in the font folder

Heretic86

Quote from: Zexion on April 05, 2015, 05:46:07 am
btw you don't need f0's auto font loader if you're using this. Just place the fonts in the font folder

Yeah, I disabled it.  I know VX+ allows for not installing system fonts.  F0's auto font loader is only used with XP in XP (102e.dll or 104e.dll, not ace tho)
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

Loveless

Quote from: Heretic86 on April 03, 2015, 07:09:21 am
I actually got a good portion of my "Collection" working on Ace...

Definitely better performance.

If you don't mind my asking, have you managed to get the actual Collection demo working? If so, I'd be interested in hearing about  difference in lag when XPAce takes on that stress test map with all of the sheep as well as anything else you can share in regards to how it effects your Super Event Sensor. I've taken quite an interest in it and how it, or parts of it at least, could be applied in regards to an ABS and the speed difference XPAce offers might be something to consider in what I'm working on as well assuming it is as good as it seems.

KK20

My guess is it wouldn't be all that great. While RGSS3 is faster than RGSS, it's not enough to speed up bad coding. I'm sure you're making a reference to Effectus, which just rewrites the base VXAce scripts for maximum efficiency. We would basically need an XP equivalent for something of that level.

I like XPAce just because the graphics processing power is much better.

Other Projects

Heretic86

Quote from: Loveless on April 05, 2015, 11:30:24 pm
Quote from: Heretic86 on April 03, 2015, 07:09:21 am
I actually got a good portion of my "Collection" working on Ace...

Definitely better performance.

If you don't mind my asking, have you managed to get the actual Collection demo working? If so, I'd be interested in hearing about  difference in lag when XPAce takes on that stress test map with all of the sheep as well as anything else you can share in regards to how it effects your Super Event Sensor. I've taken quite an interest in it and how it, or parts of it at least, could be applied in regards to an ABS and the speed difference XPAce offers might be something to consider in what I'm working on as well assuming it is as good as it seems.

Im fairly certain the Sensor script will work just fine in XPAce.  In post #222, those were all the changes I needed to make to get the last version of the Collection working.  I do have another version in the works.  But, due to some other bugs, I Havent been able to make it to the stress test sheep map.  New version of the Collection has lots more features and is heavily optimized, but does have some issues with too many events on screen causing lag.

If youre getting errors loading those scripts in XPAce, post em and I can take a look.  There are a few minor language differences that caused some bugs, spaces, when statements with following colons, but nothing very serious or difficult to fix.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

Loveless

Quote from: KK20 on April 06, 2015, 12:06:17 am
My guess is it wouldn't be all that great. While RGSS3 is faster than RGSS, it's not enough to speed up bad coding. I'm sure you're making a reference to Effectus, which just rewrites the base VXAce scripts for maximum efficiency. We would basically need an XP equivalent for something of that level.

I like XPAce just because the graphics processing power is much better.

I didn't know what Effectus was until you mentioned as I've never actually used VXA. I was referring to the stress test map in Heretic's Collection demo that I was looking over that day.

Heretic86

Quote from: KK20 on April 06, 2015, 12:06:17 am
My guess is it wouldn't be all that great. While RGSS3 is faster than RGSS, it's not enough to speed up bad coding.

Hey!  I resemble that remark!
(er, wait, that isn't really a comeback, is it?)
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

PhoenixFire

Just an update to this whole thing. Looking for some feedback in the form of.. well.. a form..

http://rmxpace.com/rmxp-ace-questionnaire/
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

Interesting to see you getting back onto the website. I thought it would become abandoned.

Also the ticketing system confuses me. The website doesn't display anything on my end but if I go into my admin/profile and view the "Support Plus", I can see the ticket R5GAMER sent.

Other Projects

Otávio Rapôso

I'm trying to use RMXP Ace and I'm getting a lot of problems with the "superclass mismatch" thing (that came with Ruby 1.9.x). Blizzard made a topic elsewhere about this issue, but he didn't gave a solution that could be useful in this case. What should I do?

KK20

The solution is actually the last post in that topic.
Object.send(:remove_const, :CLASS_NAME_THAT_ERRORS)

So if the error points to Game_Player as a superclass mismatch, replace CLASS_NAME_THAT_ERRORS with Game_Player. Then, place that line of code immediately above the class declaration the offending error points to.

If you are using BlizzABS, it will tell you that at this line:
class Game_Player < Map_Actor

is a superclass mismatch.

So just do this:

Object.send(:remove_const, :Game_Player)
class Game_Player < Map_Actor

EDIT:
Wow, I was just messing around and totally didn't think this would work.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Put this code at the top of your scripts:

class A
end
class B < A
end
class C < A
end
class B < C
end

If you run the game, clearly you will get an error message indicating superclass mismatch for B.
Now insert the following script below before the one above. Keep the two scripts separately, like so:

begin
 for i in 1..1 # Yeah, just ignore this for now :P
   code = $RGSS_SCRIPTS[i][3]
   classes = code.scan(/class (.+?) < (.+?)/)
   superclassCheck = {}
   classes.each{|child, parent|
     if superclassCheck[child].nil?
       superclassCheck[child] = parent
     elsif superclassCheck[child] != parent
       p "Superclass mismatch! #{child} < #{parent}"
       $RGSS_SCRIPTS[i][3].gsub!(/class #{child} < #{parent}/, "Object.send(:remove_const, :#{child})\r\n" + "class #{child} < #{parent}")
     end
   }
   p $RGSS_SCRIPTS[i][3]
 end
end

And if you run the game this time, it won't throw the error.

Other Projects

Zexion

KK20

I appreciate the comment. Now find another form of communication so that I can actually have conversations with you >:(

Other Projects