[XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games

Started by KK20, February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Otávio Rapôso

April 29, 2015, 10:23:51 am #240 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:31:29 am by Otávio Rapôso
Quote from: KK20 on April 29, 2015, 01:27:30 am
Wow, I was just messing around and totally didn't think this would work.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Put this code at the top of your scripts:

class A
end
class B < A
end
class C < A
end
class B < C
end

If you run the game, clearly you will get an error message indicating superclass mismatch for B.
Now insert the following script below before the one above. Keep the two scripts separately, like so:

begin
 for i in 1..1 # Yeah, just ignore this for now :P
   code = $RGSS_SCRIPTS[i][3]
   classes = code.scan(/class (.+?) < (.+?)/)
   superclassCheck = {}
   classes.each{|child, parent|
     if superclassCheck[child].nil?
       superclassCheck[child] = parent
     elsif superclassCheck[child] != parent
       p "Superclass mismatch! #{child} < #{parent}"
       $RGSS_SCRIPTS[i][3].gsub!(/class #{child} < #{parent}/, "Object.send(:remove_const, :#{child})\r\n" + "class #{child} < #{parent}")
     end
   }
   p $RGSS_SCRIPTS[i][3]
 end
end

And if you run the game this time, it won't throw the error.

I did what you said and I added the Superclass fix above everything else.

Then I commented every Object.send thing.

And I still get an error.

EDIT: I actually thought that the problem was in the "for i in 1..1" thing, so I replaced it by "for i in 1..119" (119 is the number of scripts I'm using) and I still get an error.

KK20

No, that discovery wasn't a fix all for everything. It is only designed to work with the test case script I provided first, the one with the class A, B, and C.
This is, in no ways, complete nor should be used in your projects. It was just fun experimentation.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Otávio Rapôso

Acquiescence

Hi, I'm new... just wanted to ask: Is XP Ace compatible with the Pokemon Essentials script? I want to use that script, but I find the XP engine a bit suboptimal.

KK20

Out of the box, my guess would be no. I do know that it uses RGSS2 (RMVX's Ruby library) and Poccil's Tilemap rewrite, which, from my experience, didn't work very well on large maps in RGSS3.

I can't remember if a past user on here named Aegisrox was able to use RGSS3 in his game before he shut it down.

Other Projects

PhoenixFire

We were working on it, with little bits of progress.

Also, having become single recently, there will probably be a new version of this out in the near future. KK20, how far along are you with your tilemap 2.0?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

Uh...still haven't made any real progress on it yet. Mostly have just been relearning my code and experimenting things. I'm also looking into what LiTTleDRAgo did exactly to an edited version and incorporate most of the changes over.

Quote from: PhoenixFire on May 27, 2015, 02:51:25 am
having become single recently

:uhm:

Other Projects

Zexion

I feel the need to post this after what just finished happening. I'm not sure how legit this is or isn't, but I would HIGHLY suggest NOT visiting the site
http://aluxes-loves-eric.tk/

Unless someone is ballsy enough to try this on another computer that has never been used for any financial purposes or anything important. I'm not sure if the site was hijacked, or if my computer caught a virus from other websites that just triggered when visiting that one. However, I got a very scary pop up that told me to call a number because my pc has 2 trojans. I immediately closed the page out, and the popup was back, luckily chrome's "stop this tab from creating more dialogues" was able to stop it from continually poping up. I was ballsy enough to go at it again and took down the phone number which i then googled.

It turns out this was a form of ransomware. I'm going to unplug and run a few scans, and hopefully it didn't get a chance to do anything in the mean time. Just to be safe, though, I thought i'd post this. It was especially scary because I remembered reading about how hackers were going to send out this ransomware using files that everyone accesses on a daily basis, including rpgmaker files. I think the real action comes from the time you spend on the webpage and how quickly the hacker is able to attach something to your computer, so since i wasn't on for long I should be fine. Not taking chances tho y'all.

mantra0000

Im having some small problems with this script  :^_^':

first of all, my panoramas just disappearded, I already set a panorama at the tileset database but all i can see in game is a dark screen, besides, how do I turn the keyboard actions back to regular XP? I mean, you usually talk to NPCs using the key "C" in rpg maker XP, but in axe you are using "Z", seems like small stuff but my action battle system is all messed up because of this issue  :^_^':

the fogs seems gone too, what could that be? Is there a easy way to slow the typing speed back to XP?

That pretty much all for now, i'm loving the script, very smooth and lag free  :haha:

KK20

I don't get why people have reported errors with Panoramas and Fogs. It works for me in a clean project.

You can set controls by pressing F1 when running the game.

Other Projects

mantra0000

Quote from: KK20 on July 18, 2015, 09:52:51 pm
I don't get why people have reported errors with Panoramas and Fogs. It works for me in a clean project.

You can set controls by pressing F1 when running the game.

These are all my scripts, but as you can see: the panorama just fade away lol

A*PathFinding until Methods is an advanced catterpilar system, "mostrar dano" its just a script that pops numbers in the screen when the hero takes damage, "janela M and scene M" are just to display a picture on the screen from the menu.

About the F1, what I meant was like, when you set "variable equals 12" as pressing key you say "press X and that will happen", what I want is change thoose numbers back to XP, and not ACE so the player don't have to rechange the controls everytime he opens the game

But thanks for the help anyway, my game is uber super fast now :D

KK20

Are you using WhiteFlute's tilemap rewrite or mine?

The controls stay the same--the player doesn't have to press F1 every time the game is loaded. As for what you said about the eventing, nothing was even touched in those regards.

Other Projects

mantra0000

Quote from: KK20 on July 18, 2015, 10:38:41 pm
Are you using WhiteFlute's tilemap rewrite or mine?

The controls stay the same--the player doesn't have to press F1 every time the game is loaded. As for what you said about the eventing, nothing was even touched in those regards.

I'm using the one that was in the "XP Ace Upgrade Kit" from the first post  :^_^':

KK20

That explains it. That is a super outdated link. The website the current release was held on is down (again). If I can find another, or if Phoenix comes back, I'll fix the first post.

Found it. Placed in my dropbox:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58874459/XPAceV1.5.zip

Other Projects

mantra0000

Quote from: KK20 on July 18, 2015, 10:49:38 pm
That explains it. That is a super outdated link. The website the current release was held on is down (again). If I can find another, or if Phoenix comes back, I'll fix the first post.

Found it. Placed in my dropbox:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58874459/XPAceV1.5.zip

Oh, thank you very much, im going to download and try it  :haha: :haha:

I love you, thanks for the time  :^_^':

mantra0000

It worked great, now I have panoramas and fogs  :haha:

The only issue I found was when I was running my personal action battle system and eventually the script crashes and asks to search this line:

My ABS is 100% made with event, so it can't be a script incompatible problem.

I'm sorry to bother you that much but could you just explain to me what this line does? so I can maybe have a solution to why my game is bugging here

EDIT: I found the error, and I think is good for sharing: usually when I wanted to for example teleport from a florest with fog to a house with no fog I would just set a fog with "nothing" like this:

But with this script, you can't, so the best way to do the same thing with no injuries is just set the opacity of the fog to 0  :^_^':

KK20

I swear, I keep putting fixes in one project and then forget about them in another project.

def bitmap=(tile)
    return if @bitmap == tile
    @bitmap = tile
    return super(@bitmap) unless tile.is_a?(Bitmap)
    # Calculate the number of tiles it takes to span screen in both directions.
    xx = 1 + ($resolution.width.to_f  / tile.width ).ceil
    yy = 1 + ($resolution.height.to_f / tile.height).ceil
    # Create appropriately sized bitmap, then tile across it with source image.
    @plane && (@plane.disposed? || @plane.dispose)
    @plane = Bitmap.new(@bitmap.width * xx, @bitmap.height * yy)
    (0..xx).each {|x| (0..yy).each {|y|
      @plane.blt(x * @bitmap.width, y * @bitmap.height, @bitmap, @bitmap.rect)
    }}
    # Set the bitmap to the sprite through its super class (Sprite).
    super(@plane)
  end

The method should look like this.

Other Projects

Blizzard

Quote from: KK20 on July 19, 2015, 02:03:59 pm
I swear, I keep putting fixes in one project and then forget about them in another project.

That used to happen to me as well. Then I started doing updates on all projects when I refactor something or fix something. And it still happens sometimes.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

syldocaine

It has been a while since the last time I tried to convert my game into XPA.
So I just took out my testing projects and updated XPA to the latest version. It runs alot better already but there are still plenty of scripts which cause the game to crash

I tried to figure them out as good as possible so here is the list:

-SDK
-Inventory (based on SDK)
-Continous Maps
-Caterpillar
-KElemRES XP
-Modified Advanced Weather Script
-Micko Skilltree (no crash but screen remains black)

So I just tested with the working scripts and the battler graphics are still overlaying the font in battle

Beside that it's really smooth.
Engine breaks down to ~45 FPS when overdoing the light effects of TimeKeepers lightscript but that's not an issue at all cause usually nobody would that much lights on a map.