[VX] CyberDrive Ninja - Demo Available

Started by rgangsta, February 17, 2013, 08:17:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rgangsta

February 17, 2013, 08:17:08 pm Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:33:35 pm by rgangsta
-removed-

Zexion

rgangsta

Thanks to Omar Merino, one of my best friends and partner in game design, we now have a launch trailer for CyberDrive! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/v/sEdEm7w7b8g

Thanks, Zexion. I hope you enjoy the demo. ;)

Zexion

February 20, 2013, 11:03:10 pm #3 Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:15:21 pm by Zexion
I'm downloading it as I type. I'll try to get through as much as possible, before I really have to get studying for my tests tomorrow.
Also, supporting this in my sig :)

EDIT:
Also, a suggestion. Seeing as how the demo is already over 100MB, you might want to consider making the full game as a patch as well a full download. That way people who already have the demo would only have to download the files that are needed, and not the 100mb of music/pictures/whatever else they already have. This could be difficult/impossible if you are encrypting it. (Demo is still downloading so I don't know :P)

rgangsta

Thank you for the support, Zexion.
I plan on making the full game compatible with the demo's save file.
What mostly makes up the game's size is the audio. So I might also make the audio folder a separate download.

Thank you for the tips and support once again.

Zexion

Your welcome, I actually really like this game. There are really a lot of things, graphically that I just love. The way the screen moves, the shiny tiles lol everything.
One thing though. Am I supposed to fail the first action button thingy? I did it twice and failed both. I'm definately playing more tomorrow. I saved after chapter 1 started.

Blizzard

There are ways you can size down the audio without losing too much quality. One way is to cut tracks so they are under 2 minutes and convert them to OGG. OGG @32kbps is about the quality of MP3 @64kbps. And even though MP3 @64kbps is actually subpar quality, it kinda gives the retro-RPG game a better feel than if the sound is full quality.

BTW, the game looks really professionally made. Keep up the great work!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

exile360

As Blizz said, this looks very professional. I'll give it a try when I'm a bit less busy, it's been a while since I actually played an rmxp game, going to be interesting. :P
Good luck with this!

rgangsta

February 21, 2013, 07:34:03 am #8 Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:36:57 am by rgangsta
Quote from: Blizzard on February 21, 2013, 03:19:45 am
There are ways you can size down the audio without losing too much quality. One way is to cut tracks so they are under 2 minutes and convert them to OGG. OGG @32kbps is about the quality of MP3 @64kbps. And even though MP3 @64kbps is actually subpar quality, it kinda gives the retro-RPG game a better feel than if the sound is full quality.

BTW, the game looks really professionally made. Keep up the great work!

Most of the music is in OGG format but I'll try to cut them down further. I didn't know about the 2 minute trick. Thanks.
I tried hard to make the game as professional as possible. Took me two and a half years.  :facepalm:

Quote from: exile360 on February 21, 2013, 06:57:14 am
As Blizz said, this looks very professional. I'll give it a try when I'm a bit less busy, it's been a while since I actually played an rmxp game, going to be interesting. :P
Good luck with this!

Thank you. You'll enjoy it, I promise. ;)
Almost forgot. This game is actually VX. I'll put a tag in the topic. If  you don't have VX RTP, use the download with the RTP tag on it.

Zexion

There is one thing I noticed though. When the screen fades to black, you can still see whatever lighting while the screen is dark, specifically the save point and mission select orbs.

rgangsta

That's a little bug the lighting script has. There's a patch for it but the patch was giving some incompatibility issues. I'll test it a little further for the full game. Thanks for the feedback.

GAX

Quote from: rgangsta on February 21, 2013, 08:31:33 pm
That's a little bug the lighting script has. There's a patch for it but the patch was giving some incompatibility issues. I'll test it a little further for the full game. Thanks for the feedback.
Quote from: Zexion on February 21, 2013, 01:51:26 pm
There is one thing I noticed though. When the screen fades to black, you can still see whatever lighting while the screen is dark, specifically the save point and mission select orbs.

I'd honestly say keep the bug, it really gives a neat effect during fadeouts.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Zexion

Yeah I was going to say, though I can tell it is not intentional, I kind of like the way it looks :P

rgangsta