Addition to the Script Database?

Started by bigace, February 18, 2013, 01:56:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigace

How come custom shop scripts don't have there own category. If click search while in the database you'll notice a couple of them in there and as a suggestion would think it would be good for them to have their own category. Since my skill shop isn't really a Custom Skill System just because it has the word skill in it. Just a suggestion.

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.

winkio

February 18, 2013, 02:06:42 am #1 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:08:30 am by winkio
Wouldn't that be menu related?  Custom Menu System or Menu Add-on

EDIT: never mind, you are right, I think I agree with the custom shop script keyword.

Blizzard

February 18, 2013, 02:23:58 am #2 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:39:17 am by Blizzard
After thinking a bit, so do I.
Would anybody be will to put together all links to shop script topics? I'll add the category to the database and update the template topic while somebody else can update all script topics.
The new term is "Custom Shop System".

EDIT: Done. Once all links are gathered, the topics can be updated. I'll split them among all admins and mods fairly.

EDIT: I think it might actually be a good idea if somebody afterwards went through the database and fixed some of the key terms for the script topics. I feel that some of them are slightly wrongly categorized.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

bigace

Cool, glad ya'll like my ideal. I've updated my topics key term. Just waiting to be moved.

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.

KK20

February 18, 2013, 02:05:16 pm #4 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:09:34 pm by KK20
I went ahead and changed some of them already. Someone want to go over it and verify? :roll:
Since skill shops are considered a Custom Shop System, how about crafting (I left those alone)? Basically what I mean is what constitutes as a shop--any process of an exchange in goods?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Yes. But Crafting should only be a custom shop system if it involves actual payment. e.g. my Creation System doesn't really fall into that category, because you put together items from other items. On the other side the FF9 synth shop is definitely a shop. I trust your judgment on that one.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ThallionDarkshine

And while we're on that track, I think we should have Shop Add-on to go with Custom Shop System.

Blizzard

ThallionDarkshine

Just in case. I mean, there were a couple of categories in there that had nothing until I made something in them.

winkio

I don't think there is such a thing as a shop add-on.  You either make a new shop system, or use the default.  Any change to the buy or sell screens is enough to call the system a new custom shop, I can't think of any modifications that would preserve most of the features of the default script.

KK20

The only one I saw that could fit this was the Tax system. But as for making a new category, I'd have to say that it's not really necessary. The Custom Shop System is not that big of a list--so we can just combine the two categories as one--nor are there a whole lot of add-ons that are possible without, as winkio said, making a new system.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!