[Resolved][XP] Passive stat increase items?

Started by exile360, February 19, 2013, 08:50:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

exile360

February 19, 2013, 08:50:09 pm Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:04:36 am by exile360
Introduction:
Hey there! I'm here to request a little script, as I have been unable to find one. Hopefully, it should be fairly easy to do, and if allowed or possible, other scripts can even be referenced as a base. Basically, I need script that makes certain items in the database increase the players stats passively, when the player is in possession of these items. There are similar scripts out there, such as passive skills, but I haven't been able to find one for items. I am planning to make an Artifact System, where the player can find secret gatherable items hidden throughout the game. These items would then, as a reward, passively increase the player's stats while they remain in the inventory. This would increase replay value and add a nice exploration factor to the game. Obviously, I will event the gathering part etc, I just require the script to add the passive stat boosts to the artifact items.

Details:
The script is for RMXP. It should be pretty self-explanatory really. The script should have a configuration part where the user can determine the items which act as artifacts by entering their database ID, and how much of which stat they increase. It would be cool, if it was possible to increase EXP or Gold gain as well, but it's not a necessity if it's too complicated to add. The passive stat increase should affect the entire party. The stat increase should be disabled when the item is sold/removed from the players inventory, thus returning the players stats to normal.

I am not sure whether this will affect anything, but the script should be compatible with RMX-OS and RTAB. I have more scripts, but I don't see how they could interfere. I'm not a scripter, though, so I could be wrong. :P If the full script list is needed, I'll gladly provide it.

Well, I hope I didn't miss anything. If more information is needed, please ask. I hope someone can spare a moment take this request, as making this system is quite important for me. Thank you for your time! :)

exile360

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. :)

Everything seems to be working good, but there seems to be a little incompatibility issue with my CMS. When the script is inserted, every time I try to open the menu, I get this error:
Spoiler: ShowHide

I'm using an old Legacy CMS. Here's the script:
http://www.upload.ee/files/3089345/cms.txt.html

Any idea how to fix?

LiTTleDRAgo

exile360