RMX-OS

Started by flrodude, February 26, 2013, 10:15:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flrodude

My first question is are there any files that bundle RMX-OS with Mysql and everything needed to successfully start up an engine?  Assuming the answer is no, what is the BEST newb proof guide.  I understand the whole "If you can't figure it out yourself then you won't be able to make a successful game," arguement, but my goal isn't to create a big MMORPG.  All I want it a small-scale server for me and a couple friends.  Any help would be fantastic.

Wizered67

Try reading the manual, it has pretty much everything you need to know. Then come back if you have more questions and post them here.

flrodude

I can't get the server up and running, I know for a fact I don't have portforwarding, but being a LAN game, I shouldn't need it.  I have the port set to the "correct" one, and I've even tried localhost but it still isn't working.  Username and password are correct, database name is correct, what's the problem?  When I try to start the server it says that it is terminating.

Blizzard

If you set the server to localhost, it can't be seen by PCs other than your own. You have to set it to the external LAN IP (e.g. 192.168.0.1) if you want to use it in a LAN game. Port forwarding on top of that is only required if you want to play over the Internet.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

flrodude

Well I have it set right now to 127.0.0.1, as it should.  But it still would not seem to be working.

Wizered67

As I recall, that is the same thing as local host.

Blizzard

localhost and 127.0.0.1 both mean "this PC".

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

flrodude

So portforwarding is not the problem, but whenever I run the server, it still says it's terminating.  I have tested another game engine using the same mySQL server and it worked, so that would not appear to be the problem either.

Blizzard

It's possible that your PC is set up to refuse outside connections. You'll have to google for that problem then.