Resizing without losing content

Started by Ultimate, March 01, 2013, 07:57:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimate

March 01, 2013, 07:57:26 pm Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:21:41 pm by Ultimate
Hello!

Rather easy yet complicated question. How would I resize, for example, a tileset that I've found without losing anything? I've extracted some large 3d isometric pictures but when I go to import them, the images don't wrap-around, rpgmaker just cuts them off once it gets past a certain width. i.e. if you tried to important a PNG from a digital camera, it would cut off a bunch of the image and not line up properly.

Example: I have this 400 x 400 png image
:uhm: :uhm: :uhm: :uhm: :uhm: :uhm:

I need it to automatically convert to a 32 x 1300 png image so that the image can easily be pieced together within RPGmaker.
:uhm: :uhm:

Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome! You guys are the best!

diagostimo

a tileset width has to be fixed, the tile size is 32x32 and the default width is 8 tiles which is a width of 264 pixels, although the height can be infinite, so every time you want to extend it another height of 1 tile just add 32 pixels to the height

Ultimate

Not what I mean. I've got some pictures more or less that I want to use as tilesets. The pics are, for example, 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels. The height is a non-issue. How do I convert these pictures into tilesets without losing anything? Without manually cutting and pasting every 32 tiles and dropping that cut underneath the first cut.

Ultimate

solved with the magic of photoshop's reveal all <3