Changing variables to + or - of another varaible?

Started by MarkHest, March 13, 2013, 11:21:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkHest

March 13, 2013, 11:21:47 am Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:28:08 pm by MarkHest
So I've encountered a problem when trying to make a minigame/challenge. I've been trying to make 18 separate events follow the player on the map. 9 in the Y angle and 9 in the X angle. My plan was to make the events follow the as the player moved around but I can't find a way to move the event together with the player with different X and Y. I am using a parallel process to set two varaibles of one of the events following the player to the players X and Y and the plan was to make these other events follow the player using the [set event location] command but I can't find a way to make these go + of the players position so that they are +1Y of the players position and +2Y or +2X etc

e.g: Set [Variable X] to [Player Map X] + 2

I can't find a way to make that "+2" work anywhere and since I am using a parallel process they are constantly getting updated so even if I made separate event to change a varaible to +2 or +3 or w/e it would just go back to what the other parallel process tells it to do.

Any ideas?

( a good example of this is the mine-mini-game in Lexima legends IV that you go through in the desert. The one where you DIE INSTANTLY if you do it wrong. There were markers following you there but I'm not sure if they were actually events of just pictures. Either way that's not exactly how I'm going to make these work, just almost. )

KK20

Would using a script call work? I don't have access to RMXP right now to check.

$game_variables[x] = $game_player.x + N

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

MarkHest

Zexion helped me to get it to work with events so I'm locking the thread ^^
(Thanks KK20 for trying to help as well!)