Are There Any Non 8-Directional Movement Scripts? [solved - I wrote one]

Started by Heretic86, April 02, 2013, 05:28:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

Im just curious if there is any way to pull this off.  Say I had an event that I wanted to move directly to a location.  The event would move over say 4 tiles and up 1 tile.  The way it moves currently is go move one of the 8 directions, up, down, left, right, or diagonals.  Is it possible to just have the event move in a straight line from point A to point B?
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Blizzard

You would have to change how RMXP handles movement. But yes, this is technically possible.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Heretic86

April 02, 2013, 06:42:04 pm #2 Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:10:56 pm by Heretic86
Blizz, wouldnt you have something like this for Blizz-ABS already, like some sort of Auto Targetting Projectile, like Magic Missle that just hits the closest target Auto-*ahem*-Magically?

--- Edit ---

Okay, think I could talk someone into writing a script to do this?  I can do it myself, but, hopefully this should be challenging enough for up-and-coming scripters to get in some good practice...
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Aqua

What you want is Pixel Movement (one script) with Pathfinding (another script).
They both exist like a bazillion times in the script world.
Unless I misinterpreted what you meant.

Heretic86

April 03, 2013, 01:41:12 am #4 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:55:49 pm by Heretic86
I just wanted something to allow direct movement from point A to point B, no pathfinding, but something that doesnt move in one of the 8 directions.  Say you wanted to move from X-10, y-10 to x-12,y-17 in a straight line.  Straight here doesnt meaning that movement is limited only to the X or Y axis.  Think of it like a variation of Jump, but without the curve...

--- Edit ---

Nevermind.  I already wrote one.  But it still might be interesting to see what other people come up with...
Current Scripts:

Current Demos: