What are some good/essential PS3 games to have

Started by Holyrapid, April 08, 2013, 02:32:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

April 08, 2013, 02:32:53 pm Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:18:09 pm by Holyrapid
So, i got my self a PS3 few weeks back. Now, since i got some monies to spend, i'd like to buy a couple games for it, since i don't own any.
(for those wondering, i have two games borrowed from a friend). I have a couple in mind which i will most likely get, and they are as follows:

• FFXIII - series
Why? Well, this is one of the two games i borrowed from my friend, and i like it. Sure it's linear as all fuck, but the story is compelling enough for me to ignore that for the moment at least, and i hear XIII - 2 is even better.
  • Some versions of DW6&7
Why Dynasty Warriors, even though they just re-hash the same story etc. Well, i really don't play DW games for their story, but for the beat 'em up action.
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors
I love DW and i LOVE OP, so it's win-win
  • Smaurai Warriors 3
A spin off from DW, and has some cool characters of it's own. I bought 2 some time ago and loved it. Especially Kotaro Fuma

And a couple i'm thinking of getting, but am not sure yet.
  • GTA IV
Is it any good, or should i skip it and wait to grab V?
  • C&C games
I'm a fan of the C&C games, but would they really work on a console?

So what are some affordable (max. about 50$ or 40€ depending on the game) that are a must own for PS3 etc.

Lobstrosity

LittleBigPlanet 2. You have to play this game to believe it. It's one of the most fun games I've ever played - fun offline, alone or multiplayer and even better online.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Fishtales

Zone of the Enders HD collection
Metal Gear Solid HD collection
Metal Gear Solid 4
Battle Royal
Bioshock series
Uncharted series

The Last of US and Watchdogs Look good, But they arent out yet.

Blizzard

I don't own a PS3, but what about the God of War series?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Blizzard on April 09, 2013, 03:09:33 am

Well, it's an amazing game on the 360, so I an only imagine if ported properly, it's just as good on a PS3 as well. The C&C version for PS3 isn't horrible, no, but I can't say I'm a big fan. It's a bit harder to actually command your troops, but on the upside, it is rather easy to use all of the building and upgrade functions. And it isn't released yet, but there's a game coming out with Bungie working on it (the people who worked with Microsoft on Halo series) that looks to be phenomenal, called 'Destiny'.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Holyrapid

April 09, 2013, 02:15:18 pm #5 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:22:29 pm by Holyrapid
So i guess i will skip the C&C on console and snatch them on PC. I think i will snatch some of these at some point. Too bad that they don't have Twin Snakes for the PS3 (&x360).
Also, about the GTA, i should point out that i'm a fan, but not a huge one. I had 1&2 on PS1 and PC at some points, but lost them. Also i have played 3,VC and own SA.
I also own 4 on PC but it wouldn't run really well. That's actually why i bought SR3 on steam at some point.

Also, is the Skate series any good? I liked the Tony Hawk games back in the day, around the first 3's time, and have played 3 often.

G_G

Quote from: DigitalSoul on April 09, 2013, 09:25:51 am
Quote from: Blizzard on April 09, 2013, 03:09:33 am

Well, it's an amazing game on the 360, so I an only imagine if ported properly, it's just as good on a PS3 as well. The C&C version for PS3 isn't horrible, no, but I can't say I'm a big fan. It's a bit harder to actually command your troops, but on the upside, it is rather easy to use all of the building and upgrade functions. And it isn't released yet, but there's a game coming out with Bungie working on it (the people who worked with Microsoft on Halo series) that looks to be phenomenal, called 'Destiny'.

Ummm.... what? God of War is published by Sony therefor it's a Sony console only game. Maybe you're mistaking a different game? Anyways, the God of War series is freaking fun as all hell. I just purchased the new one about a week ago, haven't had time to try it out yet, but God of War is packed with enough action and puzzles to entertain just about anyone. As Fishtales already stated, Bioshock, Metal Gear, and the Uncharted series make great games, and the most recent Bioshock game, Bioshock Infinite, is freaking fantastic too. I started playing this one myself about a week ago as well. Not disappointed at all. Devil May Cry 4 was a very fun game to play too if you're a fan of that series. I have yet to try the new DMC game, but from what I've heard (other than the whiny fan boys who complain about his new look) the game is pretty fun and it's just like playing any other DMC game.

PhoenixFire

Yeah, I guess maybe I was thinking of another game. I know I've played it before and liked it though. Hmm.. Maybe I was thinking Gears of War and got the names confused.. I dunno. Too tired to think at the moment haha
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Holyrapid

Thanks for the input guys. I did order a couple games a few days back, but keep the suggestions coming. Even if i won't pick all of them up, they might be useful to someone else.

I bought Soul Calibur V (it was cheap, like about 11€) and i think it was DW 7 which i also ordered from coolshop.com

Blizzard

I have finished the new Devil May Cry game and the gameplay is definitely even further refined from the previous games. The story is decent, the characters are fine, but Dante doesn't do the original one justice. He doesn't have his wit and charm and seems very unmotivated which drags basically through the whole game. But apart from that, it's still a fun game to play. I think I put more than 30 hours into it which might be more than I put into other DMC games.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.