(Recruiting) Spriters for battlers [8/16 bit]

Started by BanisherOfEden, April 16, 2013, 04:09:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BanisherOfEden

Looking for battler sprite maker
I am currently looking for sprites maker(s) to do the battlers in my game "As the Towers fall". I'm looking for somebody who can do 8/16 bit monsters.

Questions you may have-
Q: Am I locked into this?
A: No, you may stop whenever you want.

Q: 8/16? You want both?
A: Not really. If you can make 8 bit monsters that's fine, if you can make 16 bit, that's good too.

Q: How does this work?
A: I post a walking sprite, and you make the battler for it.

Anybody interested in making some battlers, come on in.
As the Towers fall - http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12955.msg175175.html#new

Here are some of the sprites I need battlers for.
Voidform
Spoiler: ShowHide

Wandering Eye

Voidform King
Max characters: 2000; characters remaining: 1952

Zexion

The term battlers can refer to an array of different types of character poses. Would this be like a sideview animated system, front view default type, or side view abs type?

BanisherOfEden

The default RMVXace battle system, so the basic staring you down battlers.

Here are a couple I tried to make. (tried=important)

Wandering eye, and Voidform King

Zexion

The alien cactus guy doesn't look too bad but the wandering eye o.o more like tangela

BanisherOfEden

ShadowPierce

Just leave it here, someone might take interest in the future...

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Zexion

I'd do it, but I don't have any free time...
10 page research paper
5 page essay
5 page narrative on family history
Programming assignments...

UGH, but if you'd like, you could continue the game and use temp gfx for battlers, and I will re-do them once school is out! :P

BanisherOfEden

Okay, sound good.  :haha:

Sorry for acting like a child, but people go through things and stuff, blah blah blah, nobody cares. Smoking sucks and quitting sucks more.

Seltzer Cole

I will give it a shot. When you say 8/16bit... Do you literally mean 8X16 Pixels? I am confused on that part. Fill me in and I will remake what you have posted so you can see if you like the work or not. I am not familiar with RMVXAce but I will still make the icons.
You know you play video games to much when you put sunglasses on and whisper "Plus 10 Appearance"

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

BanisherOfEden

May 12, 2013, 04:56:33 am #9 Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:20:56 pm by BanisherOfEden
Wow, I haven't check this topic in a while.

When I say 8/16 bit, I mean 8 and or 16 bit.

Disregard this.: ShowHide
8 bit (Atari, and those sort of things.)

16 bit (The Nintendo, and the like.)

8 bit = Nes

16 bit = Snes

Like these guys -

8 bit: ShowHide

Blizzard

Actually the NES was 8 bit. The SNES was 16 bit.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

BanisherOfEden

Seltzer Cole

Quote from: BanisherOfEden on May 12, 2013, 04:56:33 am
Wow, I haven't check this topic in a while.

When I say 8/16 bit, I mean 8 and or 16 bit.

Disregard this.: ShowHide
8 bit (Atari, and those sort of things.)

16 bit (The Nintendo, and the like.)

8 bit = Nes

16 bit = Snes

Like these guys -

8 bit: ShowHide

Umm.. I will do a remake of those 3 home boys you posted and I will post back here when complete. You never specified dimensions of how big or small you want the battlers to be but I will manage I think.
You know you play video games to much when you put sunglasses on and whisper "Plus 10 Appearance"

BanisherOfEden

Sorry about being so vague.

I like ~ 128X128 for the basic enemies. (They don't have to be that size, I just like them to be within that size.)
For bosses I like 256x256. (Again, they don't have to be exact, and can be bigger than this.)

My battle system is a side-view one, so that's prolly something you should know.

If you're wondering why I didn't mention this before, it's because I added it in after making the thread. I thought the thread was dead so I never bothered to come back and edit it. ~_~

Seltzer Cole

May 14, 2013, 12:40:38 am #14 Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:45:08 am by Seltzer Cole
Quote from: BanisherOfEden on April 16, 2013, 04:52:51 pm
The default RMVXace battle system, so the basic staring you down battlers.

Here are a couple I tried to make. (tried=important)

Wandering eye, and Voidform King

I did Wandering Eye and Voidform.

Voidform

Wandering Eye

I kept them similar to the way your graphics already look so they won't look out of place in your game. They are both in 128X128. I just made blown up versions of what you had and added just a tiny bit of shading/detail.

BanisherOfEden

May 14, 2013, 01:00:58 am #15 Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:12:01 am by BanisherOfEden
10/10 will use in game. Love em. ^_^

Master and Jotel

EDIT: Welcome to Stark Industries Games.

Seltzer Cole

Quote from: BanisherOfEden on May 14, 2013, 01:00:58 am
10/10 will use in game. Love em. ^_^

Master and Jotel

EDIT: Welcome to Stark Industries Games.

I actually like the graphics in your game. They are extremely simplistic and sweet. Here are some graphics from my game...

My current project...and yeah I know the roofs look like crap right now lol.

And this one is very very old from a project I quit...

So I don't mind iconing whatever you need. I need a break from my own game and to expand my iconing abilities. Just let me know what you need. I assume you need battlers for Master and Jotel?

BanisherOfEden

Yes, battlers for Master and Jotel would be much appreciated.

It's so cool to see somebody else who make their own stuff. I'm getting tired of seeing all these projects that use the RTP.

When I credit you, do you like "Seltzer Cole", or do you like do be credited with another name?

Seltzer Cole

Quote from: BanisherOfEden on May 14, 2013, 10:19:06 am
Yes, battlers for Master and Jotel would be much appreciated.

It's so cool to see somebody else who make their own stuff. I'm getting tired of seeing all these projects that use the RTP.

When I credit you, do you like "Seltzer Cole", or do you like do be credited with another name?

Seltzer Cole is fine. Maybe it quotes put "Corey" which is my real name. No last name needed.