[RMVXA][Question] Individual Inventories

Started by bigace, April 26, 2013, 10:46:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigace

Quick question how would you create system where each character has their own inventory? I'm making a remake for RMVXA and the game has characters with their own inventory in which they can also swap items with each other. However only three characters in the game can use inventory items, the others (captured monsters) can't. I guess I use note tags specify which who can and can't use the inventory. If anyone can explain to me would be great.

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.

KK20

If you haven't already gone about figuring this out for yourself, I'd look at what others have done, XP and/or VXA. Basically you are going to have to rewrite a lot of the default methods and add new variables to be saved. Game_Party for sure will have to be modified significantly.

All you really have to do is sit down with a pencil and paper, see how the default system works, and figure out what is the most practical way to solving it. Be a true programmer! Problem Solve on your own!

(I have over 50 pages of notes and ideas just for my Advance Wars Engine alone. Had to buy another notebook specifically for it.)

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!