[RMVXA] CCTS for VXace?

Started by Jragyn, May 04, 2013, 06:33:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jragyn

I've taken it upon myself to try and convert this script over to RPG Maker VX Ace, and for the most part thought I was succeeding, however, after changing up appropriate methods to match what VX Ace has compared to XP, in the end, it just pops an error with "get_pixel" error under Window_Base, which seemingly has little to nothing to do with the script :\

Doing a quick CTRL+SHIFT+F of "get_pixel", this is only found in Window_Base attached like this: "windowskin.get_pixel(blahblah)"
Doing another search for "windowskin", and it pulls up the CCTS referencing windowskins for the clock, which I set to nil.

At this point, I'm pretty well stumped, I can't seem to figure it out and was hoping for a little assistance.
The system accomplished all I was considering utilizing, except via scripts instead of Common Events and variables, etc.

If not to use the script, I'd like to understand the error and how to fix it, just so that I can apply the knowledge further to my own scripting capabilities.
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

KK20

Give it a windowskin. The big difference between XP and VXA regarding windowskins is the little area dedicated to font colors in the VXA setup. XP doesn't have that. As such, XP can have windows without a windowskin. VXA cannot because it needs those colors in order to draw font.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!