Help with RMX-OS and/or Markz88's Pokémon MMO Starter Kit

Started by TheDarkAce, May 09, 2013, 03:37:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDarkAce

i'm trying to use rmx-os or Markz88's Pokémon MMO Starter Kit to make just 1 or 2 areas of the map online-enabled rather than having the whole map an mmo... basically, i want it so that the game only logs you online once you're trying to enter a trade/battle-enabled map (i wanna create a sort of "union room" or "wireless club")

i do however want my game to be primarily offline like the original Pokémon games

is there any ideas as to how to use the scripts to do this? or would i need to write my own?

TheDarkAce

did i post this in the wrong part of the forum or something?? could do with knowing whether this is even possible

therefore: Bump!

exile360

Pretty sure this isn't possible, unless you completely change RMX-OS.

KK20

Even if your game is primarily offline, you will still need a host (running 24/7 most likely) to operate the server. If you want to make something like "wireless connections between DS systems" then one player needs to be the host while the other players somehow have the host's IP Address and all the jazz to even connect to it in the first place. It's a dilemma that I would like to eventually solve.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!