RMX-OS Questions

Started by TheDarkAce, May 17, 2013, 01:08:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDarkAce

May 17, 2013, 01:08:58 am Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 01:13:41 am by TheDarkAce
I'm currently trying to make a single player game with optional multiplayer functions, so i have a few questions regarding RMX-OS:

1. IF you were to call RMX-OS at a later point than at the title screen (i.e. when entering a trade-zone/arena), would the existing game details be overwritten by the server or would the existing data be kept?

2. Is it possible to call the RMX-OS features at a later point than at the title screen (i.e. when entering a trade-zone/arena).

3. Is it possible to log out of RMX-OS without exiting the game (again, following my previous example, when exiting a trading-zone/arena) or do you have to exit to log out (this is more because i haven't had the chance to fully test RMX-OS yet than anything)

4. Is it possible to call RMX-OS and its logout sequence using events?

5. Is it possible to make the RMX-OS features (such as chat, trade, etc.) dependent on a switch or variable

6. How much code would need to be changed to make all of these possible?

Blizzard

RMX-OS was intended as an MMO engine, not as a optional-online-feature engine. Changing that would require substantial changes in the code. That's basically the answer for all your questions. All of these things are possible, but all of them require them to be scripted by yourself.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.