[RMXP] 2 (Maybe simple) requests - Visual change for Dialog Box and Battle Menu

Started by GAX, May 21, 2013, 04:12:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Putting it simply, I'm looking for two scripts that will allow me to do the following:

-A Battle System visual replacement that will allow me to use Images instead of Windowskins, with a default layout similar to that of Final Fantasy X. I actually already have this, just completely forgot.
-A Dialog Box (chat, character text, etc.) that does the same as the above, using an image for the text box instead of windowskins.

Example of battle system (old photoshop mockup).

I'll update this post as soon as I can with visual aids to go along side this.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Zexion

You can use ccoa's UMS for the image if you don't want to do any editing at all. If you're tolerant, a much more compatible way is Dubealex's AMS. It upgrades your default messaging system. You can then remove the windowskin through script calls during battle and literally show a picture using the event command instead.

GAX

I'll probably take a look into ccoa's UMS, especially if that will allow me to do this without having to rely on events.

Though sadly what I've seen of both of these systems is that they both still rely on Windowskins.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.