Your Life Here

Started by Blizzard, May 24, 2013, 03:45:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KK20

Tie the co-worker to the stake!
Burn him for his incompetence!

I didn't expect any less, Blizzard. You will always be the man we all aspire to be.
Spoiler: ShowHide
Minus the rapey stuff

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

winkio

Here lies the room.

RIP

winkio

*winkio uses Phoenix Down*

I've had a few interesting things happen recently.

My ultimate frisbee team placed second for our fall season of play, and we also placed first in a separate end-of-season tournament, so I'm definitely looking forward to the winter season when it picks back up.

I finally bought a new mattress which I had been waiting to buy for about 6 months now.  It gets delivered tomorrow, and it's going to be soooooooo comfortable (I tried it out at the store).  Also got new sheets and comforter and everything, because the new mattress is a queen and the old one is a full.

I also finally ordered a replacement fan for my laptop, because one of the fans it currently has is grinding and makes a loud, steady vibration whenever the computer is on.  It will take a few weeks to ship, but then I will finally have a nice, quiet laptop again.

I've also been playing the keyboard for a few months trying to get some of my old piano skills back and learn to play by ear.  I can now play any melody I hear very reliably without having to think about it, although I still have work to do on the harmony.  Also, I was just improvising around and came up with two really good themes, one is sad/pretty, and the other is energetic/mechanical.  I'll probably work on them in my spare time, and post some midis at some point.

WhiteRose

That sounds like a nice mattress upgrade. I wish I could do something about mine; it's provided as part of the apartment, but it's more of a cot then even a real mattress, and is smaller even than a twin. Of course, I usually end up scrunched up in the corner anyway, so I don't know if a bigger mattress would even help. Haha.

As for laptop fans, I actually replaced the fan in my brother's laptop a few weeks ago, as it was making a really awful rattling noise. Unfortunately, it turned out that the noise was actually from the computer's plastic casing, which is cracked and broken in a few places, and not the fan, so it didn't end up helping. Hopefully your new fan will have better results. :)

Also, I can't wait to hear the songs you've come up with. :D

Blizzard

Lol, I should also probably post some stuff since a lot of things have been happening.

Opera Mediaworks offered us deals for native advertisements of various brands in King of Booze. o.o We have added their ad SDK for normal ads a few weeks ago (I found out that they bought AdColony) and soon we'll start communicating a bit more with the team for the native advertisements. This is a huge deal for Daygames. Once we have established all that, we will probably register the company for real.
We're also playing with a new idea for a new game that will be a bit similar to Floaty Hamster, but "simpler" and better. The mechanics aren't going to be much of a problem to code, but we'll have to wait for Teo to make the new graphics. xD

For those of you that don't know: I'll be on vacation with my boss in the US for 2 weeks after New Year. I'm excited about that, too. We're visiting Denver for the con, then NYC and finally Boston, each for a couple of days.

I bought a new phone, a Sony Xperia ZL. It's great. Funny enough, it isn't available in Croatia anywhere so I ordered it from eBay from a German retailer. So far I'm loving it, especially the battery life. Even with messing around a bit on it every day, the battery stays alive for 3-4 without problems. My Samsung Galaxy S2 had to be recharged every 2 days with me minimally doing stuff on it. And that's after I bought a 1900 mAh battery and took out my original 1650 mAh battery. ._.

Since I still want to gain more weight, I bought some dumbbells for home use. For the past week I've been doing a few lifts every morning before I get ready for work. It literally takes a minute (10-15 lifts with each hand) and wakes me up a bit as well. I'm doing this to get my body a bit ready for proper exercise since I haven't been to the gym since the middle of April. I'm planning on starting properly exercising somewhere this week.

And lastly, I have a new gf. Let's see how long that lasts.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Soulshaker3

Sooo guess it's about my time now:
By the 29th of April I'll present my graduation project (HighSchool equivalent). My part was to make a game while the other 10 of my class would do a website (seems legit). Since I knew the most in coding I was helping each and every little group solve their coding problems... well I wouldn't really call it problems but to them it was like "hey I got an error come here and help me fix it( or fix it yourself I don't really care about this)" so while I did the most hardworking part of the project I still had to help them, not that big of a deal since I got some expertise solving some of their problems. For this reason my head teacher promoted me to "Project manager" which would be the one presenting the whole thing to some Computer Science Major( my presentation) and this is where I get fucked up. I get really nervous when presenting something even to known people.

To sum up everything, since I'm the one who talks english fluently I have to present the project(again) with the help of a friend in Durham, England. So yeah I'm pretty sure my social anxiety will kick in, in one or either of those so at this point, I'm all like, fuck this, fuck that, and fuck this in particular...

Any one would like to vollunteer?  ::D
Hellow?

Blizzard

I'm getting up at 4AM tomorrow and leaving for Dubrovnik for the Reboot Game-Dev Conference this year. So I'm quite excited.
I'm not a speaker this year though.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

April 23, 2015, 02:26:18 pm #207 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:04:59 pm by PhoenixFire
@KK20:

Fuck this exact thing in particular..

@Blizz:

That's pretty cool, regardless of not being a speaker. Enjoy your trip!

~edits her own post to add to the topic~

So, you all remember this post well enough I trust, and I guess it's about time I gave you an update on some things. I've been pretty quiet lately and all. So, it's been what, like a year and a couple months since then, and alot has happened. Everyone at work knows about me being female, and is not only accepting, but also supportive and encouraging of this change in my life. Another co-worker also came out to everyone that she is trans too, which now makes three of us at the office. I finally got around to talking to my father about it, and being gay, I knew he would at the very least be accepting of my choices, however, he too is very supportive of whatever I decide to do with my life, as long as it doesn't harm me or anyone else. Let's see... So alot of my friends know now too, and have all started referring to me with female pronouns, and the name I picked (Anastasia Ruby, Anna for short, and it would have been the name my mother picked when I was born). Physically features have changed a bit as well; I used to be a short-haired, dirty-blonde colour, and now have longer (shoulder length) red hair (because why the hell not..), have taken a liking to hairlessness (so much smoother (possibly tmi, though I'm referring to like legs, arms, etc =p )) and all that fun stuff. I get alot of people calling me miss, madam and such (the past two days I've been called honey by the cook dude that works at the deli where I've been getting lunch... flattering yet slightly creepy lolz...). So all in all, much happier with the way things are going lately.

Let's see, what else... Oh, so work; I'm still at the same place I've been at for a little over a year now, working in Boston as a professional majickal nekogirl web developer... mostly, I just go by the title web developer... Pretty happy with my job; just got another person "hired" as a contractor here, and possibly have brought in a new client for work, which means a nice little "finders bonus" if they decide to hire us on for their website stuff.

I really don't know what else to talk about, so I'll stop here.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

Wow this is old. But I feel this is the most fitting place for this news.

Ahem...
I GOT THE JOB

A lot of back and forth between interviews (still not one in-person interview if not counting a webcam session) over a two-month period. Nothing but one technical question after the other, some answered with confidence and others left entirely blank. I am glad that journey is over with. I'm surprised too--these were my very first interviews regarding computer science. I guess I did good after all.

Gonna be working at Symantec in Culver City as soon as my background check is verified. I am absolutely pleased with the offer I received considering 1) this is my first software engineering position ever and 2) it's an entry level position. There was absolutely no way I could have negotiated for anything higher--I already feel this is over-worth my value. But still, it's awesome they think otherwise :D

So no more inventory for me. Going to officially quit after next week. Just have to deal with the 1.5 hour drives back and forth between work now (would be awesome if I could work earlier).

Other Projects

Blizzard

winkio

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH

Good work!  Wooooooooooh!  So proud.

QuoteI already feel this is over-worth my value

What most programmers have over you is experience, not talent or innate ability.  Respect that fact and gain some experience of your own, and don't be intimidated when you are introduced to concepts and systems that your coworkers have been using for years :)

KK20

Thanks guys <3

I'll keep that in mind, winkio. I hope I get to learn a lot while I'm there. :)

Other Projects

ForeverZer0

Congratulations, I am truly happy for you (and a little jealous, lol). I hope everything goes well for you.

Are you thinking about moving closer yet?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

KK20

I'll have to wait and see if it's really that big of an issue. I would still have to figure out the car situation (I don't exactly own a vehicle) and finding a reasonably priced place to rent that isn't near the ghetto.

Other Projects

Blizzard

I got a promotion. I'm Head of Programmig at Cateia Games now. :3

Soulshaker3

Nothing more to add. I'm still an intern at Front / Back end development. Kindda having some responsibilities now since I'm there for some time.
Hellow?

winkio

Nice!  Happy to see that jobs are going well :)

Blizzard

Our newest Daygames game, Pet Bots, is getting quite a bit of downloads. Since we soft-launched only in Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia for now, this is pretty good since the market is obviously limited. We realized that currently the best marketing option are Youtubers rather than advertising through Google AdSence or through Facebook.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

So, the Reboot Magazine here in the Balkans has been recently doing weekly recordings of various game developers in the region and putting them on Youtube. They came to our office today and recorded some interviews, one of which was with me. <3 The video will probably be available in 2 weeks. Even though you won't understand a word (since it's in Croatian), I'll still post it. xD