What do I do D: win8 product key problem

Started by Zexion, May 28, 2013, 08:28:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

I bought a manufacture refurbished laptop from ebay which includes win 8 pro installed. The laptop is fine and im currently on it, but the software isn't activated and there is no sticker on it... Does anyone have any suggestions o.o

Ryex

if there is no sticker then the seller did not sell you a legit windows. or at lest it's highly likely that they didn't.
either by a product key (recamended) or go the illegal rout and crack it.

or better yet, get windows 7 instead.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Be careful though. It can be a real bitch trying to find drivers that function on Windows 7 if it was a Windows 8 laptop to begin with.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Zexion

G_G

Just buy a new copy of Windows 8 off of an online retailer. Newegg will have one. I'm sure you can even buy it directly from Microsoft themselves. Though I'm not too sure if you can just buy a product key online, you can buy a copy of Windows 8 and have them mail it to you. Which will come with a product key.

Ryex

you should be able to go into the menu to activate windows and it will give you links to buy a product key