Zexion's Title screen

Started by Globock, June 04, 2013, 06:46:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Globock

June 04, 2013, 06:46:45 pm Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:29:22 pm by Globock
I've been working on event based title screen, so I modifed Zexion's title screen but it doesn't really work, though it works in a new project. It simply means one of scripts causes it, and I guess it's Blizz ABS. I would really appreciate if someone could check out my project and find how to fix this issue. BTW. Menu screen is in Polish, but I guess it's possible to figure out as commands are in classic order ^^'
http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/29130890/file.html

KK20

You'll have to use the scripted way instead because Blizz-ABS comes with it's own Input module.
Conditional Branch, Tab 4, Script

Input.press?(Input::UP)

Of course, replace UP with DOWN for the other conditional branches.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Globock

Thank you ;) I've been trying that but I typed it wrong (Input.press?(Key::UP) for some reason... RESOLVED

Globock

Sorry for double posting, but this time I want to repleace C button (Enter) for button I use as confirm in my game. I've tried (Input.press?(Key::CONFIRM), (Input.press?(Key::F) and (Input.press?(Key::C) but nothing worked ; /

Zexion

Input.press?(Input::CONFIRM)

:P

Globock

Zexion

June 04, 2013, 08:46:09 pm #6 Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:58:32 pm by Zexion
Ah hold up, I used to have blizz-abs in an old kh game. gonna see how i did it lol

Edit: Apperently I simply used the diffault "if c button pressed" fourth page 5th option
It works with BABS o.o

Globock

Problem is I'm using F as confirm button (Mount and Blade style), and if I use button C only Enter works. Is there a way to fix it?

Zexion

Oh okay, then use
Input.press?(Input::Key['F'])

Globock

June 05, 2013, 04:52:38 pm #9 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:54:23 pm by Globock
Thanks, it works! ;) But now I have another issue... Over a month ago I made event based day and night system and it worked perfectly until today - can it be caused by evented title screen? I mean, I haven't changed day&night system at all so it seems like something causes it to crash (it also works when copied to empty project). Here is a demo:
http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/5357448/file.html

It worked perfectly until I added evented title screen so I can't think of anything else causing problems... And sorry for trouble ;x

Zexion

No trouble, I'm just relaxing atm anyway haha. What exactly is the problem and how is it normal supposed to behave?

Globock

It's suppose to change between day and night (fog&tone change) in a loop. I also made feature that makes smoke from chimney dissapear while day and appear at night. Problem is that now it's always bright like day and smoke is up, like at night. It's strange because it worked for over a month and I just realized it stopped just today...

Zexion

It has nothing to do with the evented title, unless you moved around some variables. The problem is that the MAWS you're using uses the same switch as the "Start Time" and the same variable as "Minutes" which causes the minutes to always randomly move around and the common event to stop.

Globock

OK, I changed switches and varibables so they wouldn't collide with MAWS but it still doesn't work ;/ now smoke dissapears for few second and than comes back, and it's only thing that changed ;x