E3, Anyone?

Started by Terry16389, July 16, 2008, 12:52:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry16389

I'm assuming most of you watched the E3 coverage on TV or at least the press conferences? Personally I think that ...

Microsoft is sweeping the board easily. What with FFXIII coming to the 360, as
well as Star Ocean and the other two games from Square Enix, there's basically
nothing left to support the PS3, and then with Sony announcing that they're
going to be selling the same games they've been selling since the release of the
PS3 at only $30, there's no way Sony is going to be able to stay in the running
much longer. I haven't watched the press conference for Nintendo yet, but I'm
assuming they're just announcing that they're going to be milking their same
franchises for even more money when almost all of them have reached the end of
their run. Seriously, Nintendo, it's time for a break from Mario. Get someone
new.

"Anyone can say you can't write, don't let anyone say you don't."

Starrodkirby86

Meow.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1265.0

Also, I don't remember any mentioning of Mario except for what the best main games are and etc. The new games weren't even involving Mario...The closest was the Super Mario Bros. Theme in Wii Music...I say though, most of Microsoft's things were rip-offs or non-exclusives having some good stuff. :|

Sony involved themselves with so much games that I forgot a lot of them. xD

Nintendo involved themselves in innovation and the casual gaming thing. :3

So it's kinda like...

Nintendo...Microsoft...Sony

Casual                     Hardcore

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Terry16389

I kinda meant this as a post-E3 thoughts thread. :P

And I have to agree.

Nintendo...Microsoft...Sony
Casual                    Hardcore

But I also have to say that Microsoft to me seems to have more variety than the other two consoles. While Nintendo aims towards the younger market and Sony aims towards people who have been gaming for a while, Microsoft seems to be the (only!) place where you can get anyone and everyone interested in games. Yeah sure Nintendo aimed for the 'family experience' but with the decent games the Wii is counter-productive. I'd rather have a controller in my hand than a remote. :P

And speaking of remotes, if anyone mentions MGS4 I will be forced to hurt them. That was not a game, it was a movie. Too many cutscenes that were too long. Sorry, but MGS4 fell on its face in that aspect.

But yeah, those are my thoughts. :P

"Anyone can say you can't write, don't let anyone say you don't."

Valcos

Ummmm..... I believe not that microsoft is owning. They got there exclusive and we got ours. Sony is getting FFXIII, we are getting other games which to lazy to state that 360 is getting aswell. Plus 360 isnt an as powerful system as the ps3. I dont really remember to much stats and shit so ill stop before i look really stupid :P.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Valcos on July 17, 2008, 01:24:01 am
Ummmm..... I believe not that microsoft is owning. They got there exclusive and we got ours. Sony is getting FFXIII, we are getting other games which to lazy to state that 360 is getting aswell. Plus 360 isnt an as powerful system as the ps3. I dont really remember to much stats and shit so ill stop before i look really stupid :P.
360 is getting FFXIII as well. FFXIII was actually exclusive to the PS3...in Japan. But 360 still needs to take a LOT of power to manhaul the game.
---
I just remembered Nintendo was the innovator of the group. Of course, Sony had Little Big Planet, but Nintendo had Snowboarding, Wii Music, the strange Airplane sort of notifier, and all of the other stuff....Can't remember so well. xD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Valcos

But how is ps3 failing? We are gettting our sales and we have a good line up of games. We just dont spend as much money as microsoft does on stealing exclusives  :-\. And i dont consider Wii in the same class as the ps3, and xbox.  ;D
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

In sales, the PS3 is the lowest. If they brag about the PSP, just note that the DS made more sales. At least that's what I heard. Sony has to step up the plate to make sure their expensive powerhouse finally gets the upper hand. Sony is already hurt from Microsoft stealing exclusives, especially Final Fantasy XIII. At least there's Metal Gear Solid and other games (Exclusives) that are nice. :)

Diokatsu

ok first off PS3 is better investment than the XBOX 360. PS3 has a blue-ray drive. 50GB per game. OK? Now. XBOX has HD-DVD drive... ~25GB. Already better. PS3 has better graphics hands down. It's just no games have come out taking advantage of this. Also, many GOOD games have been released for both consoles. Halo is NOT the best game ever made. Just putting that out there...

Valcos

I agree :haha:! Not just because im a fan boy :xP:. But xbox isnt really doing anything new, in a way as that there games are just not that amazing with all these new ideas just revamped old games (excluding the few). Just all these games are making me crazy :w00t:! I just want to un :lock: a safe filled with gold and take the gold :harr: and 8-O buy everygame! But im broke atm  :negative: hopeless!
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Microsoft did have an impressive lineup however, I have to admit. Them getting FFXIII easily was a good decision. It betrayed Sony fanboys, but the Sony fans in Japan weren't betrayed. The 360 just put up a more impressive show with what little they had. At least the 360 games come with a cheaper source of items than the PS3, though the PS3 is showing price reduction, so Microsoft may have trouble.

Of course, those loving Xbox Live can't deny the Microsoft faithfulness with that, and Netflix or other games, especially ones with the prize of money. You can't say Microsoft is a definite no, but they're the middle of all the things.

Valcos

I just hate it when people say sony is almost finished :argh:. They still have millions of sales and are getting more :haha:! Plus we are a year behind microsoft and we still arent that far behind them in sales :up:. Microsoft is most likely gonna screw there customers by releasing a new hardware or something so that they have to buy it because the 360 is going to be out of date and not be able to make quality games anymore :wong:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

The next big game for Sony is Little Big Planet and FFXIII. With Microsoft stealing FFXIII from then, it seriously hurts Sony. Sony is most likely healthy in Japan. It's still healthy here, it's just that the anticipation and sales weren't correct. When people heard about the Revolution, 360, and PS3, you hear your friends saying, "I'm-a-get the PS3!!" but it turns out they'll now have a Wii. Of course, the 360 isn't affected at all thanks to the early strike they made.

PS3s may experience an advantage because of MGS4, and the fact the Wii is sold out in many locations while the 360 is already long going (Ever heard of the new Elite model?).

Valcos

Lmao i know some many of my friends that had a wii but then they bought a PS3 :xP:. They were like its nice just want some real games :shaft:. But KZ2 looks amazing, so does Resistance, Infamous, we are getting Bioshock revamped cant remember when, and much more so i still think that gow2 isnt going to cut it  :xD:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Sony's trying to fill that gap of non-gamers and are trying to get the dedicated to their system. They're trying to win with technological powers, and I say, they did a nice job doing it. The whole experience was hard to remember considering it was pure games, and that's long, but once they are released, I'm sure Sony would have some trump cards. Unless it's like Lair...a giant flop like that. -.-

Valcos

:bag: I am ashamed of that game. :down:. It looked so cool :shaft: but it was so horribly bad :blargh:!
-Oscar De La Hoya

Diokatsu

well im sure sony will pull a great plan from their hat ;)

it's sony after all. Xbox isn't bad but PS3 is a better system handware wise...oh no im being repetitive...

anyways, sony will pull through, beleive me

tSwitch

it's too bad teh PS3 isn't getting a lot of support, it's an impressive piece of hardware.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Valcos

Our sales our going up atleast  :up: And hopefuly when home and the other titles come out more people will go out and buy it :D. Plus lots of people still play ps2 sadly  :O.o:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Once the PS2 gets discontinued, they'll have no choice but to go for the PS3. Ken Kutaragi predicts the PS3 will live on for ten years. That's plenty of time to get a comeback. By the that time, Shigeru Miyamoto would be in his 60s. Home is beautiful, and I'm sure players would use it a lot.

Valcos

I know! O:) IT is beautiful. Cant wait till it comes out. Gonna be chillin with my home dogs all up in my crib.... :whistle:

:shaft:
-Oscar De La Hoya

tSwitch

Quote from: Valcos on July 18, 2008, 10:44:21 pm
Our sales our going up atleast  :up: And hopefuly when home and the other titles come out more people will go out and buy it :D. Plus lots of people still play ps2 sadly  :O.o:

"sadly" some of us don't have $500 to throw at a new game system, when we can still play our favorite games with the one we still have.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Valcos

Lmao... sadly as in that it is still doing good after all these years  :xD: I have a ps2... and a ps3 and ps1 ::). But i was just saying that sony still gots the ps2 to back us up.
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Yeah, the PS2 still has games chugging along for it. And not to mention Japan's fan base with hentai, yaoi, and yuri games. They're immensely popular and most or all of them are manufactured for the PS2. So there'll still be some lifespan there...I suppose.

Valcos

Yeh... E3 is over now... booo :(. Now i actually got to get some money for these games :'(! Which it wont be fun... time for a job, anyone? :P
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

July 19, 2008, 11:58:48 am #24 Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:00:59 pm by Blizzard
Even though Sony's PS3's hardware specs are its trumph, they are its drawback as well because of the price. I also agree with the fact that Sony's far from "the edge". Companies like that survive for a long time especially since Sony isn't a console-and-game-only producing company. Sony has many products.
Even though Nintendo is a company solely existing on console games, they will never die because they are simply the company that attracts kids most. As long as there are kids, Nintendo will live on which is pretty much until the extinction of the human race.
Microsoft's XBox 360 isn't even their main priority. If I'm not wrong they actually had quite some losses from selling the XBox underpriced so just they could get themselves into the console market. Microsoft will exist as long as we use Windows which is, again, until the end of humanity. xD Same should apply to Sony. I think that this power fight will last for a long time (if not for eternity) as the one between Nintendo and Sony has lasted without a winner for a long time. The only thing that coul be predicted is that another company wants a piece of the cake and tries to get into the market just as Microsoft did.

All in all, the real winners from this fight are we, the end-users. Three giant companies trying to top each other speeds up the technological development and the shortens the time for new games to come out. ^_^
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Such great statements...And from that point of view Blizzard, I realized that Nintendo is indeed the only company of the three big giants specializing in game creation only. That would mean it is indeed their forte, and it is understandable why they have innovations and items along that line. :)

Diokatsu

If it's on who will fall first.... I say

Nintendo first
then Microsoft
then sony

Starrodkirby86

Don't forget what Blizzard said.
Even though Nintendo is a company solely existing on console games, they will never die because they are simply the company that attracts kids most. As long as there are kids, Nintendo will live on which is pretty much until the extinction of the human race.

And don't forget what he said here:
QuoteIf I'm not wrong they actually had quite some losses from selling the XBox underpriced so just they could get themselves into the console market. Microsoft will exist as long as we use Windows which is, again, until the end of humanity. xD

Can't take these quotes like the bible, but I really do understand the truth about this and see why it is so.

Diokatsu

Again I still stand by my original points

Blizzard

Microsoft and Sony are "too proud" to make games for kids. But it's not only that, they want to fascinate older players because older player will stay "older" for the rest of their live while being a kid that plays Nintendo games doesn't go beyond 15 year of their lifetime. I have nothing against that, I wouldn't want to make games for kids either. It's just "not my thing".

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Games oriented for children usually have a difficulty tone-down and are more focused into gameplay or friendly graphics. It wouldn't be so hard, you just need to not confuse the child. That's what makes Mario work so well, since nothing complex is happening...Compare that to Final Fantasy...

Diokatsu

Well, that brings me to another thing. FF in  a whole is a great game franchise, don't get me wrong, but whats with everyone dwelling on them as model games liek you just did. Final Fantasy was good but nothign compared to Oblivion and Mass Effect. Final Fantasy on the whole has a linear plot, nothing really changes. Sure, the character's are quite nice on the whole and the art is beautiful but I feel that FF is over rated.

Valcos

8-O I cant believe you just said that! Sure... its not the same as the amazing Oblivion! But those are different play styles. Oblivion is open world and there is like random crap you can do for 500 hours and FF is more story driven.

But for the console wars... Blizz is right it'll never end unless the world ends. (Sony p00ns all  :P) And im pretty sure Nintendo isnt the best console at making games.... like really all they have is the motion control... which can be nice but really those are never the best games. The best games will most likely come from Mircrosoft or Sony :haha:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Diokatsu

Nintendo is very sweet!!!!! I can't think of the word but they come up with the most inventive stuff like DS, Gameboy and Wii. Sony and Microsoft must bow to power of Nintendo!!!!!

Valcos

July 20, 2008, 01:34:03 am #34 Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 03:54:04 am by Valcos
Yeh they are "creative" but lets face it the wii doesnt have the best games  :xP: Oh and when i edited this i was on my ps3! So suck on that mr.creativity :P
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

Ok, let's not make this escalate into a console war. Every company has its positive and negative sides. If one of them was "the best", the others would succumb quickly which isn't happening. And I agree with Valcos there. It's hard to compare a story-driven game with a freestyle game. I have bolded that word game because the fact that Oblivion and FF both count as RPGs (haven't payed Mass Effect yet, just got it the other day but no time so far) is pretty much irrelevant. It is a matter of taste. I, personally, like both styles. Sure, it's cool to be able to do what you want in a game for a change, but I like a cool story to drive me on playing. I have a higher urge to play when I am just before a critical plot event in the game than when I "can, but don't have to go and do that quest". As I said, it's a matter of taste and it's hard to compare apples with potatoes.

Valcos

Yeh... apples are fruits and potatoes are vegitables 8-O But what i have yet to see is a the mixture of the two... done well of course. Like GTA 4 wasnt that bad but I personally thought the story wasnt to amazing and gameplay gets tiring after many hours. So I guess the conclusion to that is buy Fallout and FF13 :haha:then we all are happy in a way?
-Oscar De La Hoya

Diokatsu

Why don't we have a mix of systems and games? like playing Mariomadden 2012 on our WiiStation720s?

Valcos

Lmao... then we wont be able to argue over anything anymore. :<_<:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Competition is a necessary thing in a market, and if there's only one leading product in the market (A monopoly?), then they can do anything they want while the customers can't do a thing. This means if Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony Hybrid gets greedy enough they can ramp up the prices for everything. Competition helps us in lowering the prices or regulating them trying to compete for our love. I don't want this to get off-topic, so I'll discuss more about E3.

I heard from G4 that this year of E3, according to some gaming executives, was a huge disappointment. To some, it lacked all the trump cards of games, with being for example...The 360 not having the Halo game, Nintendo not having their hardcore games, and Sony not having...gameplay footage? Whatever. :P

Now that I think about it, compared to last year's E3, this one was...uneventful. I didn't feel as excited. Sure, it was magical, mystical, but it felt...like a chore for me...I didn't even watch the regular games part of E3...Saddening.  :'(

Valcos

I know what you mean... I was excited at time like LBP and KZ2 and Res2. Then i felt like throwing the tv on the floor when i saw ff13 actually "running" on the xbox :evil:
-Oscar De La Hoya