E3, Anyone?

Started by Terry16389, July 16, 2008, 12:52:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tSwitch

Quote from: Valcos on July 18, 2008, 10:44:21 pm
Our sales our going up atleast  :up: And hopefuly when home and the other titles come out more people will go out and buy it :D. Plus lots of people still play ps2 sadly  :O.o:

"sadly" some of us don't have $500 to throw at a new game system, when we can still play our favorite games with the one we still have.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Valcos

Lmao... sadly as in that it is still doing good after all these years  :xD: I have a ps2... and a ps3 and ps1 ::). But i was just saying that sony still gots the ps2 to back us up.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Yeah, the PS2 still has games chugging along for it. And not to mention Japan's fan base with hentai, yaoi, and yuri games. They're immensely popular and most or all of them are manufactured for the PS2. So there'll still be some lifespan there...I suppose.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Valcos

Yeh... E3 is over now... booo :(. Now i actually got to get some money for these games :'(! Which it wont be fun... time for a job, anyone? :P
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

July 19, 2008, 11:58:48 am #24 Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:00:59 pm by Blizzard
Even though Sony's PS3's hardware specs are its trumph, they are its drawback as well because of the price. I also agree with the fact that Sony's far from "the edge". Companies like that survive for a long time especially since Sony isn't a console-and-game-only producing company. Sony has many products.
Even though Nintendo is a company solely existing on console games, they will never die because they are simply the company that attracts kids most. As long as there are kids, Nintendo will live on which is pretty much until the extinction of the human race.
Microsoft's XBox 360 isn't even their main priority. If I'm not wrong they actually had quite some losses from selling the XBox underpriced so just they could get themselves into the console market. Microsoft will exist as long as we use Windows which is, again, until the end of humanity. xD Same should apply to Sony. I think that this power fight will last for a long time (if not for eternity) as the one between Nintendo and Sony has lasted without a winner for a long time. The only thing that coul be predicted is that another company wants a piece of the cake and tries to get into the market just as Microsoft did.

All in all, the real winners from this fight are we, the end-users. Three giant companies trying to top each other speeds up the technological development and the shortens the time for new games to come out. ^_^
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Such great statements...And from that point of view Blizzard, I realized that Nintendo is indeed the only company of the three big giants specializing in game creation only. That would mean it is indeed their forte, and it is understandable why they have innovations and items along that line. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Diokatsu

If it's on who will fall first.... I say

Nintendo first
then Microsoft
then sony

Starrodkirby86

Don't forget what Blizzard said.
Even though Nintendo is a company solely existing on console games, they will never die because they are simply the company that attracts kids most. As long as there are kids, Nintendo will live on which is pretty much until the extinction of the human race.

And don't forget what he said here:
QuoteIf I'm not wrong they actually had quite some losses from selling the XBox underpriced so just they could get themselves into the console market. Microsoft will exist as long as we use Windows which is, again, until the end of humanity. xD

Can't take these quotes like the bible, but I really do understand the truth about this and see why it is so.

Diokatsu

Again I still stand by my original points

Blizzard

Microsoft and Sony are "too proud" to make games for kids. But it's not only that, they want to fascinate older players because older player will stay "older" for the rest of their live while being a kid that plays Nintendo games doesn't go beyond 15 year of their lifetime. I have nothing against that, I wouldn't want to make games for kids either. It's just "not my thing".

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Games oriented for children usually have a difficulty tone-down and are more focused into gameplay or friendly graphics. It wouldn't be so hard, you just need to not confuse the child. That's what makes Mario work so well, since nothing complex is happening...Compare that to Final Fantasy...

Diokatsu

Well, that brings me to another thing. FF in  a whole is a great game franchise, don't get me wrong, but whats with everyone dwelling on them as model games liek you just did. Final Fantasy was good but nothign compared to Oblivion and Mass Effect. Final Fantasy on the whole has a linear plot, nothing really changes. Sure, the character's are quite nice on the whole and the art is beautiful but I feel that FF is over rated.

Valcos

8-O I cant believe you just said that! Sure... its not the same as the amazing Oblivion! But those are different play styles. Oblivion is open world and there is like random crap you can do for 500 hours and FF is more story driven.

But for the console wars... Blizz is right it'll never end unless the world ends. (Sony p00ns all  :P) And im pretty sure Nintendo isnt the best console at making games.... like really all they have is the motion control... which can be nice but really those are never the best games. The best games will most likely come from Mircrosoft or Sony :haha:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Diokatsu

Nintendo is very sweet!!!!! I can't think of the word but they come up with the most inventive stuff like DS, Gameboy and Wii. Sony and Microsoft must bow to power of Nintendo!!!!!

Valcos

July 20, 2008, 01:34:03 am #34 Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 03:54:04 am by Valcos
Yeh they are "creative" but lets face it the wii doesnt have the best games  :xP: Oh and when i edited this i was on my ps3! So suck on that mr.creativity :P
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

Ok, let's not make this escalate into a console war. Every company has its positive and negative sides. If one of them was "the best", the others would succumb quickly which isn't happening. And I agree with Valcos there. It's hard to compare a story-driven game with a freestyle game. I have bolded that word game because the fact that Oblivion and FF both count as RPGs (haven't payed Mass Effect yet, just got it the other day but no time so far) is pretty much irrelevant. It is a matter of taste. I, personally, like both styles. Sure, it's cool to be able to do what you want in a game for a change, but I like a cool story to drive me on playing. I have a higher urge to play when I am just before a critical plot event in the game than when I "can, but don't have to go and do that quest". As I said, it's a matter of taste and it's hard to compare apples with potatoes.

Valcos

Yeh... apples are fruits and potatoes are vegitables 8-O But what i have yet to see is a the mixture of the two... done well of course. Like GTA 4 wasnt that bad but I personally thought the story wasnt to amazing and gameplay gets tiring after many hours. So I guess the conclusion to that is buy Fallout and FF13 :haha:then we all are happy in a way?
-Oscar De La Hoya

Diokatsu

Why don't we have a mix of systems and games? like playing Mariomadden 2012 on our WiiStation720s?

Valcos

Lmao... then we wont be able to argue over anything anymore. :<_<:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Competition is a necessary thing in a market, and if there's only one leading product in the market (A monopoly?), then they can do anything they want while the customers can't do a thing. This means if Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony Hybrid gets greedy enough they can ramp up the prices for everything. Competition helps us in lowering the prices or regulating them trying to compete for our love. I don't want this to get off-topic, so I'll discuss more about E3.

I heard from G4 that this year of E3, according to some gaming executives, was a huge disappointment. To some, it lacked all the trump cards of games, with being for example...The 360 not having the Halo game, Nintendo not having their hardcore games, and Sony not having...gameplay footage? Whatever. :P

Now that I think about it, compared to last year's E3, this one was...uneventful. I didn't feel as excited. Sure, it was magical, mystical, but it felt...like a chore for me...I didn't even watch the regular games part of E3...Saddening.  :'(