[XP] Stormtronics CMS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:00:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

decided to scap this. Blizz-abs and this are enemies.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Magus

It works fine, but without the hotkeys, skills don't exist.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Moshan

August 10, 2012, 05:36:33 am #383 Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:13:40 am by adytza001
 Is it possible to skip the selection scene if you have only one actor in party?(I mean like opening Item window you don't have to select any character for showing items...I have only one actor and I would like to skip the selection scene when opening Status scene for example)

Shining Riku

Sorry for the necroposting, but I was just wondering if it's possible to make edits and add in extra equipment slots on the equip scene?

I've tried adding in extra equipment slots with mixed results. Ideally what I want to do is add in two extra accessory slots. I'm only here asking cuz of my own failed attempts :C

I know my way around the script well enough at this point that I can make the edits myself, but...I think I just need a point in the right direction.

My main reason for not just using, say, Guil's multi slot equipment script is the status update it shows on the left with the HP, evasion, SP boosts and even elemental resistances. It's very in depth.

If it'd be simpler, I'd be happy with just a default equip screen edit with that info but this isn't exactly the right topic for that kinda request now is it :C
Regardless, if anybody's read this, thank you for taking the time to listen and thanks in advance if anybody helps me out!

Xim

January 07, 2015, 03:29:26 am #385 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:13:37 am by Xim
Sorry for the necrobump. Love the script but I've got a game breaking bug I need help squashing. Whenever I try and use an item that doesn't have an affect (like a key item or something) then the game crashes with this error message.

Script ' (*) STCMS - Hybrid Edition' line 2432: NoMethodError
occurred.

undefined method 'scope' for nil:NilClass

EDIT: I am aware that if I just put the occasion as "Never" then it's a non issue, but I don't like that work around because then the item is always grayed out. But if that's what I have to do than it's a small price to pay. I'd just like to know if there is a way to fix the crash or not.

djskagnetti

August 21, 2015, 03:22:45 pm #386 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:28:37 pm by djskagnetti
QuoteAugust 20, 2015, 07:10:40 AM Blizzard: Sure, just post in the topic if you have questions. Or add me on Skype if you want to actually talk about it.

OK, here it goes!

I've contacted you before about this combo of mods, and you fixed what was wrong at the time, but I have found a few new things.

I am using Equipment Upgrade System 1.2 and Stormtronics 1.51b.  They get along pretty well, except for the following:

Photo/Explanation
Spoiler: ShowHide

As you can see the status screen doesn't recognize any kind of weapon or armor type that is "enhanced", ie accepts the crystal upgrades.  Whenever an enhanced weapon or armor is equipped, it says, "Nothing Equipped" in red in your status screen.

In the default menu screen, the number of slots show up in the item description at the top (indicated by a small square for each slot), in yours they do not.

In the default menu screen, the gems/crystal/stones (whatever you want to call them) that enhance the weapon/armor, that have been equipped in the weapon/armor, show up in the small square in the description.  In yours they do not.

I was wondering if there was a workaround for this.  I really like your cms mainly for having a whole section just for quest items, and also your equip screen is awesome.  

So I guess what I'm asking is could you please make your cms show the boxes on enhanced weapons/armors, show the crystals that are attached to those weapons in the boxes, and have the weapon/armor name show up in the character status screen.

I know I have messaged you a few years ago when I was making my game originally, but then I got sidetracked, and I'm starting to get back into it.  I know I sent you a link to the combo of your cms and the equipment upgrade combined into 1 game so you could playtest it, but you probably don't have that anymore, so here is another link:

Thank you very much for your help, time and patience!

KK20

Replace Stormtronics with this: http://pastebin.com/t5Z8SQcv

Was not pleased with how Fleed did the slots. So I made it where Window_Help always creates an instance of Window_EnhanceSlots_Help and modified a bunch of windows' update_help methods to assign to the equipment in question.

The "nothing equipped" error was an easy fix. I just changed

if @actor.equippable?(equips[i])

to

unless equips[i].nil?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

djskagnetti

You, sir, are a gentleman and a genius!  I don't know how long or how hard it was to fix this, but whatever you did, it worked!!!  You have no idea how great this is!  I am so happy!  Thank you so very much!!!