Gameus' Holiday Giveaway! - Week 2 - And the winnners are....

Started by G_G, December 15, 2013, 12:21:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

What am I doing for the holidays?
Heading over to my grandparent's house for Christmas Eve. :D

Spaceman McConaughey

Hrm, favorite holiday memory...

A lot of the old ones are gone (or locked away and inaccessible to me, dunno how memories work), but if I can pick one, it'd be watching all of those awesome stop motion Christmas movies as a kid. Ah, them's warm and fuzzy memories.

G_G

One of my favorite memories is kind of sad, but it turned out to be great.

I was either 4 or 5 when it happened. But my dad had to work Christmas, I can't recall what he was actually doing. Anyways, my mom wanted to go party with some of her friends, so she dropped me off at my grandmas house. Like every Christmas, we're supposed to all go to my Grandmas and open gifts and have dinner. We still do this (and honestly, I'm glad my mother isn't apart of it anymore). Regardless, my parents weren't with me for Christmas. My grandma was the only one there for me. As sad as I was, she managed to talk me into opening a christmas gift, in which was a Game Boy Color and a copy of Pokemon Blue. I was absolutely in love with the Pokemon anime, and me being only five, was oblivious to the fact that a game had existed. I adored that Game Boy for numerous years, even after they released new variations and models and whatnot. I had it up until I was 11-13, I lost it in one of our moves. That day I fell in love with Pokemon and realized no matter what happened, my grandma would be there.

Spaceman McConaughey

G_G

Last call for entries. I'll leave the topic open for a few more hours, then I'll close it, gather up entries and perform the drawings.

locowhiteknight

@Gameus Sounds like your grandma is a wonderful person.  I know how sometimes families can be 'less than perfect' it's good to hear everything worked out so good that x-mas.

My favorite holiday memory is spending time decorating cookies with my married friends and their parents a couple of days before x-mas . Sounds kind of lame, but it was always so much fun to see who could make the most creative, frosted cookie. I think it's less about decorating cookies and more about spending time with people you really care about during the holidays.

"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

G_G

Locking topic and gathering entries. I'll do one final post for the video of the winners and the winners will be PM'd asking which game they'd like. If, for whatever reason, winners don't respond within 48 hours, the next winner will get the next game pick.

G_G

and the winners....

locowhiteknight
Colonel Blinx
Zexion
Ryex

First winner has already been PM'd, once a response has been received, I'll PM the next winner.