[RMXP]no pause game when working on other window

Started by finalholylight, June 28, 2013, 09:56:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

finalholylight

When I alt-tab to go to other window, graphics and all systems freeze, only audio is continue play, I want all will continue play when I do that, not only audio.

Blizzard

This isn't possible in the normal RMXP. You can have to use a custom engine for that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Wecoc

I would like to ask if it would be possible to stop all, graphics and music, somehow. :^_^':

I know is impossible to make it all continue, but perhaps there's a way to freeze the audio with script when the scene is not updating or so. The problem is when on a scene you need to fit music with the interpreter engine...

Ryex

The problem is that the engine itself pauses the ruby interrupter when the window is inactive and this action can't be changed form within the interrupter itself. when the window is inactive the graphics are already stopped the only way to stop the music would be to proxy it to an external dll (use a custom music lib) that runs it's own thread and pauses the music it's playing if it's not receiving update signals form the game.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />