Pokemon Black/White 2 tournament results

Started by Spoofus, July 01, 2013, 12:15:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoofus

July 01, 2013, 12:15:10 pm Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:18:23 pm by Spoofus
Hey all been a good while, and I just had to tell someone about this as I found it to be entertaining.

There is this local game store where I live at held a tournament for Pokemon Black/White 2.
So I entered out of boredom and got a friend of mine to join in as well.

Now it was well organized for a small tournament there some that i have gone to tend to be rather scattered brain so this was a nice change.
when you first got there they had you register your team so they can check to see if it is legit or not (good because a few people cheated hardcore and got rejected)

anyway, from what I heard listening in on some of the random people talking while waiting to register my team, most of the teams being used where your typical weather, or teams used by people who were in the official league tournaments, my friend was using a sandstorm team and and I made fun of him for it, of course he got mad and ragged on my team which I'll list below, I told him that I just entered for the fun of it.When it got to me to register my team the guy checking it gave me the weirdest look and I just sort of laughed and shrugged all he said was good luck pal you may need it, again I just laughed and went on to wait till it started.

My Team with move sets:(the tournament level set was for lv.50, also note I used gen 1-3 pokemon)
(also note I use nicknames to confuse the competition)

Typhlosion: nickname: Soot      (extrasensory was a pain to get where it is a egg move)
Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Thunder Punch

Raticate: nickname: Sneakers
Crunch, Super Fang, Return, Dig

Dodrio: nickname: Triples
Quick Attack, Tri Attack, Drill Peck, Fly

Sandslash: nickname: Shreds
Gyro Ball, Sandstorm, Earthquake, Rapid Spin

Arbok: nickname: Lamia (was a female)
Toxic, Crunch, Ice Fang, Glare

Gardevoir: nickname: Lilly
Energy Ball, Psychic,  Thunder Wave, Shadow Ball

As you see my team was nothing special at all, just made it of pokemon I enjoy using. I ended up losing to a team of all dirty dragon type pokemon(dirty dragon lovers) But with this team I managed to get 3rd place somehow so I couldn't complain, I was actually very pleased with what the team had achieved.
The best part were the faces of the people I beat you can they were thinking "WAIT WTF!? you bat with that team, how!?) so that made it worth it to me anyways.
Goes to show, that even the most well put together teams can have difficulties against a team that was thrown together at a moments notice.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/