[RMXV ACE] Lost Nostalgia

Started by Lost_Hope, July 10, 2013, 03:03:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost_Hope

July 10, 2013, 03:03:27 am Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:59:59 pm by Lost_Hope
Hello everyone,

I used to come to this site and post the things I had created with rpg maker xp (which wasn't a lot...). I thought it only natural to come back to this site where I first got my beginnings with the rpg maker series for the pc. This time however, I will be using RMVX ACE.

As you can see the Title of this game is Lost Nostalgia. (the font I'm using makes the lower G look like a C...)

The story revolves around a single character that you play as throughout the whole game. He has lost all memory of who he is, was, and where he came from. You will
follow Jiro on his journey to discover the answers of his lost memories and, ultimately, help him discover who he is to become. Our memory is what drives us all in our lives and, with
your help, Jiro will better understand the predicaments he must go through. Something is on the horizon for our hero.
Is it his past? Or is it his future?

I will be using RTP and a few other graphics/fonts/music I have found throughout the web to make the game more appealing.
This is NOT meant to be a big project because I have learned over the years to start small and learn through your journey.

Jiro:

Height: 5'8"
Weapons: Twin Katanas
Description: A young man without a memory. Though he likes the name Jiro, it is not his real name. (His name will be later revealed in the game and a scene will
also show how he obtained the name Jiro.) He was taken in by an Ex-Navy Captain of the Guard, Malek, and his wife, Kianna, after saving their daughter, Laeha, from
a dragon that had plagued the small desert town of Gon Giga for many years.

Here I will provide some sample screenshots from the Demo:

Spoiler: ShowHide

There is much more but for the sake of my fingers I will leave the rest to be discovered through the demo.
The demo will not be long. If you do all events, it should be about 30-40 mins TOPS. If its longer you let me know...:D

Demo:

I apologize for the large file (195.92 MB) for only a short demo.

So tell me what you think! I know most people HATE rmvx ace and honestly, its not the same as RPG Maker XP but I don't mind it. Just try out the game and tell me what's up!
:D

Please let me know if the download is working or not.

G_G

As you said, it's a small demo. If you could reduce the file size then I might try it out. I'm sure there's some music and graphics you can get rid of for the time being. All you need to do is make a copy of the project folder, name that one "Lost Nostalgia - Demo" then remove everything in it that it doesn't use. Other than that, looking good so far.

Magus

I don't really like the story. Mainly because it's another anemia story out of the 43839483984938493849384 that already exists. The sprites are vx styled, so I won't say anything about those, but meh.

The file size is too big, so I can't really give it a download on my mobile hotspot.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Lost_Hope

ok so I added a second download for those who already have the VX ACE RTP. It'll take some time for me to make the first download smaller because I have a lot on my plate at work.

G_G

Downloaded the second demo and I just get stuck in a loop.

"Where am I" yada yada all that

"Bring it on you bastard"

Then it starts all over

Lost_Hope

July 12, 2013, 08:30:29 am #5 Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:58:33 pm by Lost_Hope
Ya my wife noticed that. I must have accidently deleted something. I'll see what I can do. It seem this kinda crap happens every time even after I alpha test for 10+ hours...

EDIT: Ok so now I've posted up the smaller demo again BUT you will need the RTP. I'm just clearing that last bit up...
But! it should work. I had my buddy test it on his PC and he said it played fine.

ENJOY!