Another Yet Equally creative experiment

Started by Tazero, July 13, 2013, 03:04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazero

So, I went back to the  Studio, FL Studio ;D

Please ignore the middle The only good part of that is the lead in on the last measure >.>
Tell me whatchya think and how I can improve the sound because as of right now I'm not happy with the bridge piece :/ I'm attempting to use all Progressive  'Rock' Sounds :D
...I need help So leave a comment on soundcloud or reply here :D

https://soundcloud.com/kre8ion/help-me

If you were a fish...

Spoofus

Is it bad that when I was listening to this I was thinking it could be used for a final stage in a Final Fight game?( not a bad thing so you know)

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Tazero

If you were a fish...

ArcaneAlchemy

First of all, this reminds me of a robot/machine level. It totally reminds me of Earthbound music too, in its carefree and loose nature. Especially the bridge, because if you listen to Earthbound songs, you'll notice the wandering bass lines. Now, it depends on whether or not you want to get a "prog rock" sound all together, so I could elaborate on that a bit more as it's one of my favorite genres.

Regarding the 'bridge' as you call it, I think it's functioning much like a pre-chorus here and it's a good one at that. The minimalism in the drums and absence of the bass indicate a pull towards another part.  It has a strong pull towards something "chorusy" or just a chorus part. You have that snare roll and the crescendo leading back to the "verse" part. I would say that a third section would be well placed there. The bridge is in Dmajor as I'm sure you're aware. The last four notes are descending (G - F# - E - D) and also acting like a "plagal" cadence of IV - I(resolution of chords Gmaj - Dmaj). For the chorus part, you could go to the relative minor of D(Bm) or make the D a secondary Dominant and start the chorus in the key of G(and not necessarily on the G chord).

Now, as far as the progressive thing, that will probably require getting outside of a single key and contrasting some 4/4 times with some alternatives. Try 5/4 and 7/8 at first because there are ways to make them not sound overly methodical. Check this thing out that I did a long time ago. It uses a mix of 5/4 and 6/8 in a way that doesn't sound overly pompous but still creating some guesswork on the listener's part. Maybe it'll inspire something :)

Sorry about all that, but that's what I think could be good for lengthening the song anyway. What you have is great though and keep it up!
"Wait? Do I look like a waiter?" -Kefka