[XP] Custom Event Triggers

Started by ForeverZer0, July 14, 2010, 05:35:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

Zero, who I love so very much, do you know how to make an event trigger when a babs enemy or one of the heroes touches it?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Lauros

The script is the best, but when I tried it, I saw the event fires immediately
Can you do that when the condition is made, is activated by pressing accept in the event, or when is touching with the hero?

ForeverZer0

December 17, 2010, 12:07:50 pm #22 Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 12:11:05 pm by ForeverZer0
These are more to be used to trigger events, not as conditions. In your example it would be easier and simpler just to use the Player Touch trigger, and add a scripted conditional branch on what the event does if you still need to.

I admit there is a bit of ambiguity on the difference  between the triggers and events. The trigger is basically the condition that is required for the event to start even looking at its code, while a condition is only checked once the event is already triggered.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Lauros

Ah, I see, anyway the script is awesome, but i dont know any code to use, i have only the two codes incluided in the script

ForeverZer0

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on December 17, 2010, 12:07:50 pm
...between the triggers and events...

I meant "triggers'" and "conditions". I messed that up.  :P
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Terv

July 14, 2013, 02:29:04 pm #25 Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:17:09 pm by Terv
Is there a way to get an event with multiple custom triggered pages to work? Right now only the rightmost page seems to be processed, any other page with a lower number is ignored.

KK20

I'm not entirely sure. What you have stated is default in RMXP. My best suggestion is to rewrite the Game_Event#refresh method in the default scripts. But I don't think that would be a very good idea to begin with. Is there something you had in mind?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Terv

July 16, 2013, 08:36:05 am #27 Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:04:54 am by Terv
I think I mixed something up there; the actual problem is that events triggered by this script can't be run as parallel process, which means that the player isn't able to move during execution of background events when they contain waits for example.
Where to start editing in order to enable parallel processing?

KK20

I don't think this script was meant to be used with parallel processes in mind. There is a bit of a work around I guess:

Page 1 contains your trigger. Somewhere in there, turn on a self/switch.
Page 2 is a parallel process (no trigger needed). Page condition is the switch turned on. Here's where your parallel process stuff happens.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!