PC Gamepad

Started by Blizzard, July 15, 2013, 01:43:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

July 15, 2013, 01:43:52 pm Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:45:18 pm by Blizzard
I decided to get a gamepad for playing games on my laptop. While I'm usually totally fine with playing games using my mouse and keyboard, it becomes somewhat of a problem with emulated games since gen 6 and gen 7 (not that my laptop could emulate a gen 7 console, lol!) started using dual analog sticks and this is somewhat troublesome to emulate solely on a keyboard. It's not the analog part that irks me, it's that I don't have enough fingers, lol!

Anyway, I didn't search a lot, but I found the F710 from Logitech which looks pretty good.
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/f710-wireless-gamepad
I've been already using a Logitech wireless mouse for at least a year and it works quite well. There are some reports of this model losing reception, but that happened really rarely with my mouse. On the other hand, I do usually keep the mouse on a distance of 1m or less from my laptop which would be the same for the gamepad so I don't think that this is really an issue.

Does anybody have any experience in this area and can they recommend a model? As you noticed with the F710, I'm ok with spending $50 for something that will last. Also, I'd really prefer a wireless gamepad.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

you can use XBOX 360 controllers, either wired (USB), or wireless (you have to buy a wireless hub).

Spoofus

I can vouch if you get a wireless, the adapters for the wireless xbox 360 controllers you can get work pretty good, that is what I use,also the headsets that connect to the 360 controllers do work plugged in the controller on you computer.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

G_G

Just letting you know that you'd probably be better off getting an XBOX 360 controller. I have the F710 and the analogs goof up on me all the time, well mostly the left analog stick. What happens is when you start to press it Up-Left or Up-Right, it doesn't register completely, as in, it's not telling the computer that it's being pressed all the way up-left/up-right, which in some games, makes the character move slower/walk.

The only way I'm able to fix this is by reinstalling the drivers, and after about a few days of usage, it goes back to doing it and I dunno why. Sometimes recalibrating the controller helps, but not always.

For 50$ you can get a Wireless Xbox Controller + the Wireless adapter you need for it.

Blizzard

Thanks, guys! This is exactly the info that I needed. :D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

Glad we could help. *goes back to dancing for no reason* :dance:

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/