VX Experiences

Started by Fantasist, January 10, 2008, 10:07:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

Right-click a map (in the list view at the bottom-left) and the last option is the dungen generator I think.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Calintz

I think dungeon generators are stupid personally...

I mean, don't get me wrong*they are extremely useful and can cut pruject creation time by a crap load, but then it takes individuality and user skill away from projects, and isn't that why most ppl make games using RMXP??

So ppl can see their individual talent?
- I know that's why I use it...

Sally

Galatea

Pls explain more Calintz

Fantasist

He says if everything's done by the editor, what will the maker do? It's more like this:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=137.0
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Galatea

Hmmmm, thats right.
Btw, we have mappers here at CP.

Calintz

@Galatea:
I mean exactly what Fantasist said...

Quote from: Galatea on January 13, 2008, 06:29:27 am
Hmmmm, thats right.
Btw, we have mappers here at CP.

And that is also what I mean...If everyone let those stupid dungeon generators do eveything, you wouldn't have been able to post that remark. You know what I mean?

Nortos

I love mapping it's one of the best things I enjoy in making games actually I want to become a level designer when older I've been modding various games e.g UT3 Oblivion, I would never use a dungeon creator...

Galatea

Nortos

I mean if everyone ended up using dungeon generators I wouldn't use RMXP anymore...I would just bother with game maker and mods

Sally

the dungion creator is just a way to make people who dont like mapping help i think...

Spoofus

lol i hate mapping cause i suck at it but i still rather do my own maps than have a generator do all the work for me in my opinion it takes all the fun out of it  :)

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Sally

Fantasist

January 17, 2008, 06:26:06 pm #33 Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 06:26:48 pm by Fantasist
Well said Spoofus :)
The more we suck at mapping, the more we're satisfied with our hard work and we start to really like out game, and it will keep us from giving up. If anything is too easy, it's possible that we may lose interest in it.

Sally

Nortos

but I think I'm a good mapper *crys a little inside* :P

Sally

dont cry :( besides... ur a good mapper :)

Nortos

Lost_Hope

I like the art and tilesets and icon so i just too all of the resources and added them to rmxp

oh and i have thme in my topic

VX Resources

JohnPetrucciPwns

Yeh, but I really like the options in the Actor creation screen. Much like 2k3 with the dual weapon wielding, two handed weapons. I really like that. I think I am going to use it, if I did waste my time I'll tell you all.