Gibbo 2D Beta 1.0 (Gibbo Glast) Release! (1.2 since 11 Jan 2014)

Started by Apidcloud, July 31, 2013, 09:42:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Apidcloud

Gibbo's Release!

I'm proud to announce that Gibbo 1.0 Beta (Gibbo Glast) (1.2 since 11 Jan 2014) is finally out!

Here is a small teaser of a game made in gibbo glast:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/imps8zh9vzjgmg5/SpaceRidge.mp4

There are a lot of new features in this version and it uses the latest monogame build (with some addons made by us).

Official Page & Download:
http://dragon-scale-studios.com/gibbo/

Gibbo's Facebook and Twitter Page (for news and updates):
https://www.facebook.com/Gibbo2D
https://twitter.com/Gibbo2D

Short Description:
Focused in a generic development, this game engine has the necessary tools to develop any kind of 2D game - the Editor has plenty of features that besides allowing to create games in a short period of time, allows to create them with the least effort.

Gibbo Glast 2D can be approached in several ways. If you're already a programmer, you can read the available online library and write your own scripts, making full use of the Engine. In case that you're not a programmer yet, you can just download the resources you need - even though you'll be more limited.

Every little defail from the User Interface was thought through, making it easy to use.

With Gibbo Glast and your imagination, you'll be able to create amazing games which can be played in other platforms (soon on linux)

Some news after the Beta's release:

• Quick Update (Aug 2) - Lime Script Editor:

Spoiler: ShowHide

- Lime Script Editor (just a preview of the final script editor we are developing, this version is very basic but has everything you need to make scripts without external applications).
- Reported bugs fixed and added tooltips for the scene's options.

You can update by going to Help > Check for Updates menu option or by reopening Gibbo twice (it will check and ask you automatically)

Note: A new tutorial has been released on the website as well.

• Quick note (Aug 3) - Particle System Preview:

- Yesterday, we started working in the particle system. As such, we'll probably release an update very soon.

Particle System Preview - Zoomed out

100.000.000 (yeah that number is right) particles, fps = 60, no frame-drop (tested on a simple dual core laptop)

Just after testing 100 million particles, I tested with one more digit, and no frame-drop was noticed. You can see that in the picture below

Particle System Preview - Zoomed in

Yeah, now the number of particles is over 1 billion   :P

• Quick note (Aug 4) - Error System Preview:

We're currently working on an Error System so you can figure out why the project/game doesn't compile. Furthermore, you'll be able to interact with the errors immediately, using the built-in script editor Lime which we've been working on lately as well (we only released a preview version of the editor in the update after the Beta's release)

Error System Preview

• Update - Aug 5:

We have just released a new update containing the recent systems we've recently been working on.
Most important updates:

• Particles System (Beta)

• Error Logging (in Lime Editor and compile window)

• Some bug fixes and upgrades in the tileset editor

Tip: To update your editor quickly, open, close it (won't work if the editor is already open) and then re-open, it will ask if you want to update.

Error Logging on Lime Editor

• Update - Aug 8:

With this update, you're now allowed to drag'n drop between the items at Scene's Hierarchy panel.
We've also improved the framework, added a small preview to the pictures when the system mouse is over one (Project's Explorer panel) and reorganized the Particle Emitter Properties at the Inspector Panel.
Lastly, we've fixed the reported bugs (like the xml documentation - wasn't beeing generated correctly)

As always, to update your Gibbo you can either select the Check for Updates option in the Help menu or by reopening Gibbo twice (it should ask you automatically)

Picture preview (left) and Drag'n Drop (right)

• Note and Recommendation (Aug 10) - Tutorials:

Two new tutorials have been published in the Begginers Section.

In spite of that, Gibbo offers several ways to enhance a static menu screen. Improving upon what we have learnt by adding animations or transition effects is effortless.
We invite you to learn more at: http://www.monogame.net/documentation

• News (Aug 11-12) - Physics:

We've started working on a new feature - Physics (powered by Farseer). Should no unforeseen problems arise, a Gibbo's update shall be released soon.
You can watch the previews' videos we posted at Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=149939931871296
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=149961075202515

Don't forget to comment  ;)

• News (Aug 13-14) - Physics with Textures:

We're almost done integrating Physics System in Gibbo. Below's Collision Model based on Textures preview picture and another video.

Physics with Textures Preview

Physics in Gibbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7v2vIcQXZA&feature=youtu.be

• Update - Aug 18:

Gibbo Glast 2D Beta 1.1 has finally been released!

Besides implementing the so awaited Physics System, several of the available tools have been improved and bugs were fixed.
Furthermore, it's highly important to note that Collision Models have been utterly replaced by Physic bodies.

In the picture below, it's shown how to add Physical Bodies to Game Objects.

We'll do our best to write down all the changes really soon.

To update to the newest version, use the Help Menu or reopen Gibbo twice.

As always, should you eventually find any bug or have any kind of issue, please report in the forum.

• Update - 11 Jan 2014:

Update - Jan 11 - 2014

Gibbo2D 1.2 has finally been released!

Under the past few weeks we have silently been working on Gibbo2D. The version 1.2 is now available and includes new features and upgrades. If you want to help on the development, please visit the Gibbo2D Github page - Yes, Gibbo2D is now open source  :) Besides, note that we have changed its license to MIT.

We hope that with the help of the community we can make the engine even better. There are a lot features to implement/update that require your help, so if you're willing to spend some time and you have some skill you can work with us.

This new version includes features that developers have been asking for a while. If you have more suggestions please place them over the forum.
Update List:

• Scene Hierarchy multiple selection with auto detection

• Scene View Tools upgraded

• Windows & Windows Modern UI deployment

• Debug View can be disabled

• More UI responsiveness

• Engine Optimization (around 10% more performance)

• Nonuniform scaling (X & Y)

• More tools in general

• Library updated

• Tutorials on the Editor

• ...and more!

Without further ado, here's a video that shows some of the features:

As always, should you eventually find any bug or have any kind of issue, please report in the forums.

In case that you want to track all the updates, you can follow us at facebook or now on twitter.

Attention - Aug 5

We are currently forming a sub group in our team (Gibbo Game Developers).

If you are interested in joining in, please send an email to gibbo2d@dragon-scale-studios.com (with information about your name, age and experience in the area).

You will be making a team with us and receive internal knowledge on how to work with the engine and how get the best results.

We will be developing games together as a dedicated team.

We are looking for programmers but mostly artists because at the moment we have none in our team so if you are one or you know someone who would like to join in please contact us.

In case that you want to track all the updates, you can follow us at facebook or now on twitter.

Notes

We are currently renewing all of our tutorials so expect them to be updated in the next days.

If you find any bug please make a report on the forums.

Comments/criticism are always welcome. We do really appreciate feedback.

Don't forget to share with your friends!

Regards :)
Instead of wanting to be somebody else, rather become somebody else

"I will treasure the knowledge like a squirrel treasures acorns."

Gibbo Glast 2D Engine - The sky is no longer a limit

Zexion

Apidcloud

August 01, 2013, 08:49:59 pm #2 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:02:30 pm by Apidcloud
Quick Update (released just now):

- Lime Script Editor (just a preview of the final script editor we are developing, this version is very basic but has everything you need to make scripts without external applications).
- Reported bugs fixed and added tooltips for the scene's options.

You can update by going to Help > Check for Updates menu option or by reopening Gibbo twice (it will check and ask you automatically)

Note: A new tutorial has been released on the website as well.

Regards

Apidcloud

August 03, 2013, 10:17:13 am #3 Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:22:24 am by Apidcloud
Legit double post

- Added a short description in the main post

Quick note:
- Yesterday, we started working in the particle system. As such, we'll probably release an update very soon.

Particle System Preview - Zoomed out: ShowHide

100.000.000 (yeah that number is right) particles, fps = 60, no frame-drop (tested on a simple dual core laptop)

Just after testing 100 million particles, I tested with one more digit, and no frame-drop was noticed. You can see that in the picture below

Particle System Preview - Zoomed in: ShowHide

Yeah, now the number of particles is over 1 billion  :haha:

Regards

Apidcloud

August 04, 2013, 05:24:42 pm #4 Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:25:53 pm by Apidcloud
Legit triple post  :^_^':

We're currently working on an Error System so you can figure out why the project/game doesn't compile. Furthermore, you'll be able to interact with the errors immediately, using the built-in script editor Lime which we've been working on lately as well (we only released a preview version of the editor in the update after the Beta's release)

Error System Preview: ShowHide

In case that you want to track all the updates, you can follow us at facebook.

Regards

Apidcloud

August 05, 2013, 04:19:02 pm #5 Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 04:27:54 pm by Apidcloud
[Update - Aug 5] v1.0.0.15

We have just released a new update containing the recent systems we've recently been working on.
Most important updates:

- Particle System (beta)
- Error Logging (in Lime Editor and compile window)
- Some bug fixes and upgrades in the tileset editor

Tip: To update your editor quickly, open, close it (won't work if the editor is already open) and then re-open, it will ask if you want to update.

Error Logging on Lime Editor

----

[Attention]

We are currently forming a sub group in our team (Gibbo Game Developers).

If you are interested in joining in, please send an email to gibbo2d@dragon-scale-studios.com (with information about your name, age and experience in the area).

You will be making a team with us and receive internal knowledge on how to work with the engine and how get the best results.

We will be developing games together as a dedicated team.

We are looking for programmers but mostly artists because at the moment we have none in our team so if you are one or you know someone who would like to join in please contact us.

----

In case that you want to track all the updates, you can follow us at facebook or now on twitter.

----

Best Regards

Zexion

:S I'm becoming a good artist now, but when I HAVE to do art, I completely suck. I'm only good when I enjoy what I'm doing :( I've always wanted to join some team and be the artist, but I know that I will never be dedicated enough, lol. The best I've done is a few sprite sheets for a mugen team...

Apidcloud

Beeing dedicated, as Boris once told me, its really up to you  :)

Nevertheless, if you're interested, you can send us an email with those informations and with some of your works - if possible ^^

Regards

Apidcloud

*I added the same information to the main post*

*I've also organized the main post with all the news and updates so far*

Hey everyone, we got fresh news! We've just released a new update. You're now allowed to drag'n drop between items at the Scene Hierarchy panel. We've also improved the framework, added a small preview to the pictures when the system mouse is over one (Project's Explorer panel) and reorganized the Particle Emitter Properties at the Inspector Panel.
Lastly, we've fixed the reported bugs (like the xml documentation - wasn't beeing generated correctly)

Don't waste any time and update Gibbo by going to Help menu or reopening it twice (it should check it automatically)

Regards

Zexion

I like how many features this has, but idek where to start lol

Apidcloud

Hey there, yeah we're still lacking tutorials! In like 2 hours I guess, we're going to release 2 at once (I hope)

Thanks for the patience :)  :haha:

Apidcloud

*Updated the main post with the same information*

Aug 10 - Note and Suggestion:

Two new tutorials have been published in the Begginers Section.

In spite of that, Gibbo offers several ways to enhance a static menu screen. Improving upon what we have learnt by adding animations or transition effects is effortless.
We invite you to learn more at: http://www.monogame.net/documentation

---

Don't forget to follow us at facebook and twitter.

---

Best Regards

Apidcloud

News (Aug 11-12) - Physics:

We've started working on a new feature - Physics (powered by Farseer). Should no unforeseen problems arise, a Gibbo's update shall be released soon.
You can watch the previews' videos we posted at Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=149939931871296
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=149961075202515

Don't forget to comment  ;)

Apidcloud

News (Aug 13-14) - Physics with Textures:

We're almost done integrating Physics System in Gibbo. Below's Collision Model based on Textures preview picture and another video.

Physics with Textures Preview

Physics in Gibbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7v2vIcQXZA&feature=youtu.be

Best Regards

Apidcloud

Update - Aug 18:

Gibbo Glast 2D Beta 1.1 has finally been released!

Besides implementing the so awaited Physics System, several of the available tools have been improved and bugs were fixed.
Furthermore, it's highly important to note that Collision Models have been utterly replaced by Physic bodies.

In the picture below, it's shown how to add Physical Bodies to Game Objects.

We'll do our best to write down all the changes really soon.

To update to the newest version, use the Help Menu or reopen Gibbo twice.

As always, should you eventually find any bug or have any kind of issue, please report in the forum.

Regards!

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Apidcloud

Apidcloud

Update - Jan 11 - 2014

Gibbo2D 1.2 has finally been released!

Under the past few weeks we have silently been working on Gibbo2D. The version 1.2 is now available and includes new features and upgrades. If you want to help on the development, please visit the Gibbo2D Github page - Yes, Gibbo2D is now open source  :) Besides, note that we have changed its license to MIT.

We hope that with the help of the community we can make the engine even better. There are a lot features to implement/update that require your help, so if you're willing to spend some time and you have some skill you can work with us.

This new version includes features that developers have been asking for a while. If you have more suggestions please place them over the forum.
Update List:

• Scene Hierarchy multiple selection with auto detection

• Scene View Tools upgraded

• Windows & Windows Modern UI deployment

• Debug View can be disabled

• More UI responsiveness

• Engine Optimization (around 10% more performance)

• Nonuniform scaling (X & Y)

• More tools in general

• Library updated

• Tutorials on the Editor

• ...and more!

Without further ado, here's a video that shows some of the features:

As always, should you eventually find any bug or have any kind of issue, please report in the forums.

In case that you want to track all the updates, you can follow us at facebook or now on twitter.

PhoenixFire

Very nice. Interesting that you made it open source, right after ARC was made open source as well. Is there a connection between the two?  :w00t:
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Apidcloud

Well, I wasn't aware that ARC was made open source, I supposed it's a coincidente  :)

We made it open source at the end of last year (31 december 2013)

Regards

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Apidcloud