Change the game icon?

Started by Rymdpotatis, July 20, 2008, 10:24:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rymdpotatis

I remember seeing a topic somewhere a while ago that explained how one could change the icon of the game you've made and I can't remember where I saw it., anyone know how to do this?

Starrodkirby86

You would an external application (A Third-Party one for example) to replace the icon. RMRecker for 2000 or 2003 can edit icons for the RPG_RT, it may also be compatible for the Game.exe . You can use that, or search around Google for an Icon Changer.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Rymdpotatis

Punn

There's a program call Res Hacker or something like that, Blizzard told me that, I haven't used it or how to get it to work, maybe you should ask Blizzard about what to do

Blizzard

What mumerus said, Res Hacker (or Resource Hacker) is your choice. Simply exchange the present icon file. You own icons file should include pictures for various color settings (24bit, 256 colors, 16 colors) and various sizes (16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48) so it looks alright on every PC.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.