/sbin/shutdown "RyNet Going Down"

Started by Ryex, August 15, 2013, 12:53:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

August 15, 2013, 12:53:38 pm Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:59:28 pm by Ryex
Code: bash

/sbin/shutdown -t 10800 -r +600 "RyNet going down: Moving to college apartment"

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Did I read right that you'll be gone in 10 hours and will be back in 60 hours?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

See you back soon! Good luck out there.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Ryex

August 15, 2013, 04:02:21 pm #3 Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:09:04 pm by Ryex
No you read that wrong the first option is time between switching run modes in seconds, ie the time to wait between sending the warning signal and the actual kill signal, and it's measured in seconds (now that I think about it that one should probably be longer can I'll take my computer down in a few hours to pack it up no just one hour). the second time is teh exact time to shit down reguarless of weather or not process have shutdown as requests and is measured in minutes,

so the command reads
"Shutdown in 10 hours and reboot, wait 3 hours between sending the warning and kill signals to running processes"

also my local network really IS named RyNet

edit: in case it isn't clear, I'm leaving tomorrow morning, I'll be driving 4 and half hours part of the way there where I'll stop to visit my grandma in the hospital and then I'll drive another hour to get to the apartment where I'll need to unpack ect.  so I'll be back some time the day after.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

You've gotta post some pictures of your new apartment once you arrive.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

will do, I'll take them with my new phone :P

WhiteRose

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Ryex

August 16, 2013, 09:00:56 pm #8 Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:10:22 pm by Ryex
Code: bash

~$ ssh ryexander@RyNet

Welcome back Sir!

Last login: Thrs Aug 15 13:27:10 2013 from 192.168.1.10

ryexander@RyNet:~$ ftp dropbox.com
ryexander@RyNet:~$ bin
ryexander@RyNet:~$ mput /usr/photos/apartment/

first pic is my stuff
Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Zexion

Ryex

lol, I freaking LOVE beaing able to up and cook what ever the hell I want, last night I had a pork chop over rice that I cooked in butter garlic parsly oregino salt and peper. was delicious

Zexion

Yeah, careful with that, people gain weight that way. *points at self*

Ryex

heh, I'll try not to get too fat then :P

WhiteRose

Quote from: Ryex on August 17, 2013, 11:58:03 am
lol, I freaking LOVE beaing able to up and cook what ever the hell I want, last night I had a pork chop over rice that I cooked in butter garlic parsly oregino salt and peper. was delicious

That sounds delicious. You're making me hungry. :P

Ryex

oh, it was good.
I'm a great cook,
would you like me to share when I make things I find really good? perhaps tell you how I made them?

Blizzard

Yes, sure. I'd like to try some new stuff.

I hope you won't get bored of cooking after 6-12 months like I did, lol!

Spoofus

yes post stuff on how you cooked things, I love to cook.
Trying something different would improve my cooking skills.
I made my own hamburger seasoning that even surprised me, I would share but it is a secret to all but me.

Also very nice place you got there, I am jealous of it, my house just looks really old :(

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

PhoenixFire

<--points to new topic he just made, dedicated for the purpose of people posting new foods they make that are delicious
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?