Super Smash Bros. Meleeeeeeeeeee

Started by Zexion, August 20, 2013, 10:55:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Yeah I'm practicing to own my roommate this weekend...how sad
Decided to record this to test out camtasia, and damn I did not expect them to be thaaaaat hard...  I think their AI is better than their brawl AI. I could bearly handle them lol.

KK20

lol good luck with that. I hate how smug the Lv9 computers were--they always just walk up to you. Seems like Camtasia has some audio clipping. Ah well, still better than holding a camera up to a television.

How good is your wavedashing and L-Cancels? I never heard of them until like a year before Brawl came out.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

winkio

I play this game competitively (local tournaments and such).  It is amazing.

Zexion

@KK20
I think the audio problem might be in my stero mix because no matter what I use it always sounds like that T-T Also, my wavedashing sucks & I only just learned about L-cancels so I didn't do them in the video but I'm pretty good at that. I just can't get used to wavedashing around all over the place...I end up spending 80% of a match just trying to do it and then I loose lol

@winkio
So lucky lol! The only game tournaments in my area are for brawl and pac-man...seriously who the fk even plays pac-man. I am just going to assume that you would own all of us here on these forums :D

Also, I played ssb64 with my roommate all year and it was fun because we are both really competitive. He would get so mad when I beat him that sometimes he'd actually not talk to me for a day, lol. We would've played ssbm, but our computers sucked last year. This year should be pretty interesting with my new gamecube library :D

winkio

I don't know if you play other characters, but Link's wavedash is pretty terrible anyways, so I wouldn't use it often, if at all.  His L-cancels are pretty important though, especially once you start using more aerials.  Right now, you are using lots of ground attacks, such as grounded boomerang, down tilt, down smash, grab, etc.  The problem with any character's ground game is that each time they attack, they lose all their momentum.  Momentum is important in this game because it allows to combo on offense, and allows you to avoid getting hit on defense.  This is why you will see higher level players use lots of aerials and keep moving, regardless of which character they use.

Zexion

August 20, 2013, 03:13:17 pm #5 Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:15:49 pm by Zexion
Well I'm a link main, but I like mario/luigi too and I'm decent with pikachu. I'm new to the competition scene so I have a bitlot to learn, but I should be fine at these lame dorm tournaments lol. Btw, who do you guys use?

Edit: Also, Link vs Pikachu. Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

winkio

Zelda (not Sheik) was the first character I got good at.  I decided to play her because she has so many weaknesses that it forced me to explore all the little quirks of her moveset in order to play well, so I developed a good understanding of a lot of the small details of the game.  At some point, I decided that the main thing I was lacking was tech skill, so I picked up Fox as my second character.  Now, my playtime is probably 90% Fox, 5% Zelda, 3% Pichu, and the other 2% is random.

Zexion

I noticed that a lot of the tournament winners choose fox :s I personally just don't like fox lol. He's too fast for my generic usb controller to handle

KK20

Since I'm more casual, I don't have favorites on which character I play. I always go random. I was sadly heart broken when Kirby was nerfed hard.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

Yeah kirby pretty much sucks now lol, but in brawl he seems a little bit better. I wonder if anyone even uses mewtwo because he's kinda cool

SBR*

If only I could find my Melee disk again. I'm not good at SSBM - at all - but I would like to get more into it. Perhaps I should finally softmod my Wii. What kind of softmod would you guys suggest?

winkio

Quote from: Zexion on August 20, 2013, 03:49:29 pm
I noticed that a lot of the tournament winners choose fox :s I personally just don't like fox lol. He's too fast for my generic usb controller to handle

Yeah, even plenty of tournament players don't like playing as Fox because of his speed/technicality.  He has to fit your playstyle, but I really enjoy the speed and power.

Also, the Pikachu player in that video I posted last, Axe, is probably top 10 in the world, in terms of the entire competitive melee scene.  It's not all Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik.

Speaking of Mewtwo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=capoDHrZJng

Zexion

August 21, 2013, 03:14:28 am #12 Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:30:51 am by Zexion
That guy seemed to use grab alooooooooot, but that part where he was trollin marth was funny lol. I wanna learn that :p
Also, how would I take out bombs faster D: the animation takes forever

Spoofus

this makes me want to play it again, I use to be a boss with Falco (he is super cheesy if used right).
Looks like it is time to pull out the gamecube, and see if I still got it.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Zexion

I forgot to mention my favorite part is at around 1:01 ish where fox totally kicks me in the face.

Tazero

I'm pretty decent at Melee (My first Beat-em-up styled game I was decent at)
I usually use Roy >.> Roy and Zelda. Although I enjoy using almost all the characters accept for Ganon and DK :( Too slow.

So sad they took away Roy for Ike and kept marth D:<

If you were a fish...

Vell

winkio

Mew2King is going to be in Houston this weekend, so I'll probably get a chance to play some games against a top tier player :D.  I'll definitely have to get back in practice so I don't get completely wrecked.

Zexion

Lol, I read some post on another forums trash talking mew two in melee. I just  :facepalm: 'd and left. Good luck in your match!

winkio

Mew2King is not Mewtwo.  He is a pro player who has been playing at the top level and competing in the biggest tournaments for the longest time.