Shalaren Chapter 1

Started by Shalaren, August 23, 2013, 12:59:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

Just a quick update to let you guys know I am actually still working on this.
so as you have seen I've tried many different graphic style for the project, and although its taken forever for me to finally decide, my graphical skills have improved a lot and I came up with some interesting character and game design in which I am really happy with.
While I worked on all that, I had some time to work on the story a little bit too. It's still the same story but I've rewritten it, to fit the concept of what I have in mind better.

All the characters look like the one above (the character above is the one you'll be playing), and enemies are designed in a similar style.
actually while experimenting with Photoshop and coming up with these characters I thought I discovered a cool style of character design but after some research I learned of Vector Style art. either way I love it and for some reason I have way too much fun designing things with it. and the more I do it the better I get.
to show you the different character styles I went through until I finally came to a decision:

anyway so good news I'm very close to finishing part 2 which will mean the release of the demo for CP. (this is where I really started my rpg adventure I suppose so I'm gonna release it here first I guess). but before I do that I decided to write a few guides to this world I have created to answer all the questions one might have. so I deleted the first post temporarily until I finish editing it with everything. The guides will include important relics, origins of all 5 races as well as the two twin gods, the establishment of the Meastre, Shroud and Niea's Court, the origins of the classes, Important events in the time line, and Important characters of the current Era.
Here is an example of the information guide (which will also be in game)
Spoiler: ShowHide

Will also have Cool class description like that and some of the history behind that class and why has it been recognized by the Meastre as an official Title.

Anyway, I don't have much I am ready to release, because many things are bound to change and I decided next thing I show should be final, so this post is kind of useless in a way but I just wanted to drop by and update it. Don't bother looking at the main post as I am editing it right now!

thanks for reading!

Zexion

Oh nice, I went through the same thing, but with different spriting styles. In the end I just gave up because I couldn't make up my mind. Glad to see that you did though!