The Kingdom Of Earth

Started by computerwizoo7, June 07, 2009, 09:16:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

computerwizoo7

June 07, 2009, 09:16:39 pm Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:29:56 am by Starrodkirby86
Just a little visual to show the terrain of the kingdom of earth, its a filthy place with robbers like Theo Clunis in Rising Legend: The Rival Blades.
Spoiler: ShowHide

G_G

That looks really good cw7! I like it!

computerwizoo7

Thanks, and he is not even the main character!  :^_^':

fugibo

The guy in the foreground is just messed up, and in a bad way. His expression is weird, his arms are very useless looking, and his posture sucks.

I hate the tone and shading you used in the background, and the lighting in general, but the general artwork is impressive. Redo the guy in front and the coloring, and it will be very, very well done; as it is, B+ for an amateur.

I'm just being very critical, mind you. I'm not trying to offend/insult you.

Vell

i have a question! what does main/not main character have to do with this?

fugibo

Quote from: computerwizoo7 on June 07, 2009, 09:16:39 pm
Just a little visual to show the terrain of the kingdom of earth, its a filthy place with robbers like Theo Clunis in Rising Legend: The Rival Blades.

Vell

again. so what does him being the main character/not being the main character have anything to do with it?

fugibo

computerwizoo7

why the hell you guys always find my topics!
oh well i made the background then i got into excited and decided that i would put him in the picture even though he is in a standing pose.
his expression is neutral, his arms are extremely strong because of the gigantic sword he uses to fight. i don't want to reveal anything else. he is a good character.
The Main Character in any game WILL stand out thus being the best looking character or so on depending on the story/role he plays.

GAX

June 07, 2009, 11:16:25 pm #9 Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:19:09 pm by Badou Nails
Quote from: computerwizoo7 on June 07, 2009, 10:58:32 pm
oh well i made the background then i got into excited and decided that i would put him in the picture even though he is in a standing pose.
his expression is neutral, his arms are extremely strong because of the gigantic sword he uses to fight. i don't want to reveal anything else. he is a good character.
The Main Character in any game WILL stand out thus being the best looking character or so on depending on the story/role he plays.

Veteran Members/Ex-Moderators, they're everywhere!

The problems I see are all with proportion.  The arms just look a bit too lifeless and the hands resemble crab claws.

The details used on the character actually clash with the background, as the background is extremely hazy (and even the foreground image resembles fog.  In order to make this flow better, there should be atleast a form of haze/fog obscuring sections of the character in order to make it all flow correctly, otherwise the entire image is kinda brought to a halt as soon as you spot the character.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

computerwizoo7

Ok i will take that into consideration.

Blizzard

June 08, 2009, 04:04:14 am #11 Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:10:15 am by Blizzard

We probably seem to forget that you can't take criticism, not even constructive one and that you don't want to improve not matter what because you think you are the very best.
As soon as we offer you help and constructive criticism, you get defensive about yourself, we get pissed because you're being such an attention whore and an unthankful brat and then you leave after 2 or 3 topics.

There. Stupid questions deserve stupid answers.

EDIT: Go to RMXP.org if you want to be an asshole to absolutely everybody who's trying to help you. Those guys also think that they are perfect and god's gift to the RPG gaming industry. I'm sick of your bullshit, you being a douche and your elitist attitude. If I see a few more of these outbursts, I'll ban you permanently myself. You have been warned.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Quote from: Blizzard on June 08, 2009, 04:04:14 am

We probably seem to forget that you can't take criticism, not even constructive one and that you don't want to improve not matter what because you think you are the very best.
As soon as we offer you help and constructive criticism, you get defensive about yourself, we get pissed because you're being such an attention whore and an unthankful brat and then you leave after 2 or 3 topics.

There. Stupid questions deserve stupid answers.

EDIT: Go to RMXP.org if you want to be an asshole to absolutely everybody who's trying to help you. Those guys also think that they are perfect and god's gift to the RPG gaming industry. I'm sick of your bullshit, you being a douche and your elitist attitude. If I see a few more of these outbursts, I'll ban you permanently myself. You have been warned.

Uhm... I think he was referring more to the 2-3 "SPAM" posts (I don't interpret them as that, but I see where he might) that Ulta and me made above, and was trying to say "Why do you guys always start spamming up my threads, lol?" than "God, trolls, go away!" 0_o Of course, I'm giving him perhaps a bit too much benefit of the doubt, so... yeah.

Blizzard

Spoiler: ShowHide

I did not get an e-mail. Did you get an e-mail, GAX? You didn't? Thought so.

And now back on topic. I've said my stuff.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

computerwizoo7

I actually don't like rmxp very much so i guess i better take your advice.

Daxisheart

The background seems more like brown, dusty trees than actual terrain/mountains, considering that this is the kingdom of earth.

PS: Part of the background seems to blend with theo's left(not yours, theo's) left arm.

Overall, Cool.
"Oh hey look godless stuff": ShowHide
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?
god i am such an atheist asshole.

I am on such a coolkid atheist rampage this week.

Calintz

That's actually quite a big band-aide. I have seen animes that utilize the bandage over the nose like that before, but that one is huge, Lol. Reduce the size, and it will help the head a lot.

impulszero

Quote from: WcW on June 07, 2009, 10:27:11 pm
The guy in the foreground is just messed up, and in a bad way. His expression is weird, his arms are very useless looking, and his posture sucks.

I hate the tone and shading you used in the background, and the lighting in general, but the general artwork is impressive. Redo the guy in front and the coloring, and it will be very, very well done; as it is, B+ for an amateur.

I'm just being very critical, mind you. I'm not trying to offend/insult you.

agreed.
Still i like the work. You got praise from my girl too  ;)
<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.