Highschool drumline :D

Started by Zexion, August 26, 2013, 03:44:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Someone found a cool video of our highschool drumline, so I thought I'd share :D I'm one of the bass drums (try to find me lolol)
I remember that night being soooo fun. It was the first game of the season and we ended up challenging the other drumline and made friends lol.
Anyway, here it is:

WhiteRose

Drumlines are awesome. :D The coordination between the members of a good drumline like this is really impressive. I don't think I'd ever be able to do some of the roll stuff that you all do - that's always the hardest part for me in drumming in Rock Band (yes, I know that that is a far cry from actual drumming, but that's about as far as my drumming experience goes :P)

Zexion

August 26, 2013, 05:06:14 pm #2 Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:08:56 pm by Zexion
I've actually never played rock band o.o *guitar hero noob here XD* but yeah drumming in general is extremely fun and being in a drumline is an amazing experience. It's something that you really will never forget because it's basically jammin' out with your friends :) I tried college line but im way to anti-social for that shiz

edit: oops I deleted the sentence about rolls XD
I didn't learn to roll until the year before this video lol which was basically my first year on the line. It takes a while and it can be the difference of a  good drummer and a bad one D:

KK20

August 26, 2013, 08:19:23 pm #3 Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:03:28 am by KK20
I'll post some of my band stuff later.

Hmm...can't find any good videos. I'll just post my last field show performance. I'm the right-most guy in the line near the back of the field (same line as the tubas/sousaphones).
Spoiler: ShowHide

And competition block. I pop up at 2:11, closest guy in the line with the tubas/sousaphones:

The rest can be found here: http://kennedyband.org/video.html
Anything between 2006-2009 is fair game. And yes, you will see some Japan band videos (I hosted a couple students--fun times) and an Ireland Parade (band goes there every 4 years and marches in the St. Patrick's Day Parade).

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

WhiteRose

August 27, 2013, 10:32:09 am #4 Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:51:42 am by WhiteRose
Quote from: KK20 on August 26, 2013, 08:19:23 pm
I'll post some of my band stuff later.

Hmm...can't find any good videos. I'll just post my last field show performance. I'm the right-most guy in the line near the back of the field (same line as the tubas/sousaphones).

And competition block. I pop up at 2:11, closest guy in the line with the tubas/sousaphones:

The rest can be found here: http://kennedyband.org/video.html
Anything between 2006-2009 is fair game. And yes, you will see some Japan band videos (I hosted a couple students--fun times) and an Ireland Parade (band goes there every 4 years and marches in the St. Patrick's Day Parade).

:D

It's fun to see everyone playing their instruments; definitely a different side of people than I often get to see here on Chaos Project. I was never in a band, but I did play in an orchestra and a string quartet. I'll see if I can dig anything up to share....

EDIT: Well, the only thing that I was able to find was a practice session with my cello quartet. We had just started learning the song, and we recorded it so that we could hear ourselves play and determine where to improve (obviously, there were a lot of places we needed to improve. Hahaha.) The phone was set face down so that the camera was facing upwards, so you don't really get to see much, but you can at least hear us. So, if you've ever wanted to hear WhiteRose butcher the guitar solo in The Unforgiven on the cello, here you go. :P

(For the record, this was when we were just starting to learn the song. It was much better by the time we performed it. XD)

Zexion

@kk20
Dang your band is fricken huge. Mine has like 150 people max and that's the average size of a band in my area. The bigger bands that I've seen in my area are like 200-300 kids. You guys have like DCI numbers, and play really well too o.o

@whiterose
haha, it is cool to see everyone away from le compute' haha and you did fine in the video :P when did you play cello though? In hs? If so that's awesome because only one school in my area even has an orchestra, but everybody in the surrounding cities can try out for it. I've also had this secret obsetion with the cello ever since I saw a commercial that had this song.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Zexion on August 27, 2013, 11:49:09 am
haha, it is cool to see everyone away from le compute' haha and you did fine in the video :P when did you play cello though? In hs? If so that's awesome because only one school in my area even has an orchestra, but everybody in the surrounding cities can try out for it. I've also had this secret obsetion with the cello ever since I saw a commercial that had this song.

I've played since elementary school. :P I still play, but it's harder to find a group now that I'm in college (music majors always seem to exclude non-music majors from their groups. Elitists. :( Haha.) Still, it's fun to get it out and practice a couple of times a day. :) We should form a CP rock band - everyone just uploads their parts and then we Audacity everything together. We'd have drums, cello, and KK20's marching band. XD It'd be glorious.

Zexion

Lol! Our glorious classical rock marching bandwhy hasn't someone already done that...it's brilliant
I know what you mean about the music majors. Like suddenly we just are not good enough :( that's actually why I quit college drumline. No one talked to me and gave me attitude just because I'm a freshman non music major on the drumline lol.

KK20

Quote from: WhiteRose on August 27, 2013, 11:57:52 am
We should form a CP rock band - everyone just uploads their parts and then we Audacity everything together. We'd have drums, cello, and KK20's marching band.

Oh sure, let me just whip out my hyperdimensional storage cube and pull my school's marching band out...

I don't do marching band anymore, mainly because the colleges I went to didn't offer it. Not to mention, I don't think there are Bass Clarinets in field shows. I'm still in a college symphonic winds group--lots of familiar high school faces and band teachers I'm really good friends with.

But that CP band idea...I'd be down for it. I don't have any good recording devices though.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

WhiteRose

Quote from: KK20 on August 27, 2013, 02:58:46 pm
But that CP band idea...I'd be down for it. I don't have any good recording devices though.

I was initially just kidding, but it actually might be a fun thing to try. I've found that I can get decent recordings just using the built-in mic on my phone (I have a new phone that is better than the one you just heard, by the way,) and I think a built-in computer or webcam mic would give passable results as well. We don't need anything professional, since this is just for fun. It would be fun to try and see what we can whip together. Just don't ask me to sing, though. XD

Zexion

I can play sax really well too (almost better than percussion) and we totally should play something. We could do like tetris or zelda or something :P

WhiteRose

August 27, 2013, 09:54:46 pm #11 Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:58:13 pm by WhiteRose
Quote from: Zexion on August 27, 2013, 09:51:53 pm
I can play sax really well too (almost better than percussion) and we totally should play something. We could do like tetris or zelda or something :P

I think this is worthy of a new thread....

EDIT: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13412.0.html

Spaceman McConaughey