[RMXP]Recruiting for a Pokemon/Fakemon MMO

Started by Qhauriq, September 04, 2013, 01:23:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Qhauriq

September 04, 2013, 01:23:51 am Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:08:30 am by Qhauriq
We will be using Markz88 MMO Starter Kit which I know you are all very familiar with. Before you tell me that its buggy and a work in progress, we realize all theses things that may be pointed out. At the moment I am looking for pretty much every position available. They are listed below
Lead Developer(1), Scripters(2), Mappers(2-3), Spriters(2-3), Art(1-2), Music(1-2), Eventers(1-2).

We would like to make our own region(s). We have not decided if we will create/use fakemon. There is a lot to be discussed and we would like to get the ball rolling as soon as possible. Please PM me here and I will the request that you join our Skype chat room for a more in depth analysis of your work.  Hope to here from you soon!

Also it should be noted that I am just the admin/overseer of the project I will have little - no hand in development other than making sure staff is on the same page and working as a unit.

orochii

What makes you a good leader? Also, you're making an indie attempt, or are you going for a business? How much are you going to pay? And who are exactly "we"? (I mean, is there more people already involved? it should be nice to know about them -for the interested in helping you-). I would advice you to get your hands dirty on the development, unless you get that much help.

As for fakemons, you could add them, but after setting up the game and fixing the kit issues. Fans often just look for their official favourites. Any extra is just for fun, EVEN if they're well done and stuff. The region is nice however, but depending on what you want to do, you will encounter yourself remaking all the old regions for eternity... okay no, not eternity, but for a bunch of years.

Anyways, I'm sorry if I expressed myself badly or if I'm being rude, but I'm not good with words and way less on English (my native is Spanish), also I'm talking not knowing anymore than what you said, so I don't have any special background of your works nor your project.

Good luck,
OZ

Qhauriq

Thank you orochii for responding. Maybe I should have made myself clearer. This is not my project completely, I am just one of many who is apart of the team. My role is to gather new staff members for the project that is all.  I won't be "getting my hands dirty" simply because that isn't my role. As for what we will do project wise,again this is completely up to those that are in control of that aspect.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: orochii on September 04, 2013, 10:48:09 am
Also, you're making an indie attempt, or are you going for a business? How much are you going to pay? And who are exactly "we"?

I'm still wondering on these myself. Care to explain yourself a little more please?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?