This is me.

Started by Praelium, September 07, 2013, 01:46:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Praelium

September 07, 2013, 01:46:56 pm Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:37:24 pm by Praelium
Hello,
As some of you know I am studying Mixed Media.

These are some of my works:
My entrance test:

A random skate video:

WARNING! Cat therapy might be needed after watching my thesis.
Last year's thesis (Watch them all together):

Here are pictures of my thesis exhibition (The location is an old pig slaughterhouse, which fitted really well):
Overview during jury: ShowHide

One of the lanes, facing my self portrait: ShowHide

Self portrait on the left: ShowHide

Stills, screen printing: ShowHide

ArcaneAlchemy

lol, way to watch reminds me of clockwork orange.
"Wait? Do I look like a waiter?" -Kefka

Praelium

September 07, 2013, 02:07:27 pm #2 Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 03:22:57 pm by Praelium
Quote from: ArcaneAlchemy on September 07, 2013, 02:03:08 pm
lol, way to watch reminds me of clockwork orange.

It is inspired by it, of course. But the background story is completely different.
What do you think about the other video's?

orochii

Don't really want to comment, but I think it's pretty clear what these say. The manipulation from the media, which is pretty much impossible to evade. They shut you up when they want, and educate people to be silent, happy, and scared. And they make you eat their shit everyday. Or something like that.

By the way, just tried to post "Digesting of Media" on FB. It said someone marked it as offensive. I posted it anyways, by not leaving the page to process my post. Of course if you want I remove it right away. I just wanted to share it with some of my career colleagues.

Anyways, I liked your videos,
Orochii Zouveleki

Praelium

Quote from: orochii on September 08, 2013, 06:13:06 pm
Don't really want to comment, but I think it's pretty clear what these say. The manipulation from the media, which is pretty much impossible to evade. They shut you up when they want, and educate people to be silent, happy, and scared. And they make you eat their shit everyday. Or something like that.

By the way, just tried to post "Digesting of Media" on FB. It said someone marked it as offensive. I posted it anyways, by not leaving the page to process my post. Of course if you want I remove it right away. I just wanted to share it with some of my career colleagues.

Anyways, I liked your videos,
Orochii Zouveleki

It's good to see someone actually watch my work again. The meaning of course has to do with the manipulation from the media. I stepped away from that though. It is something everyone is aware of, but no one really realizes. During my thesis exhibition, I had a lot of surprised visitors which were literally blown away by it. The head of my school actually told me that she didn't know what to respond to it really.

Of course I don't mind people sharing my work. This is on YouTube for a reason. Even though it is outside of the "art" vision, it still is something people should be faced with. I am going to upload a couple of pictures of how I exhibited it. Note that people didn't know the titles of the works.

Quote from: orochii on September 08, 2013, 06:13:06 pmIt said someone marked it as offensive.

What or where was it marked as offensive? I know that it had been reported for mature content, since it has some kind of eerie, horror feel to it.