[RMXP] Percentage and New Game +

Started by Ranquil, September 09, 2013, 03:11:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranquil

Everyone knows how New Game + and the percentage system work in Final Fantasy X-2, right?
Well, I'm going to use a similar system in my project, To The Dawn, with the addition of using ForeverZer0's Diary and Journal scripts. Except it goes kinda like this:

- Doing some things and seeing cutscenes raises the percentage and records information in the Journal
- After finishing the game, a New Game + option becomes available
- If the player selects New Game +, playtime, current percentage and all the Journal logs are kept but everything else is removed
- Journal logs and percentage won't be gained again from completing the same tasks they were received from but they can be gained from events previously missed
- Once 100% is achieved, the player can trigger certain events

Too bad I can't find any scripts to help me get a New Game +. I know I can store the percentage as a variable and prevent from gaining percents from the same events again by using switches. I was actually thinking of replacing the currency as the percentage. That way it would be easily visible from the pause menu. However, does anyone know any New Game + scripts or other scripts that can help me with this?
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Memor-X

i got a new game plus script which will store selected switches and variables in a separate file and load those at start up while also not resetting them when you start a new game, i use it in Nexis Core: Chain of Shadows cause i need a way to load achievements from Pandora but also for the post-game stuff when you start a new game, but i got the script from Creation Asylum but i don't have a link

if you find it and it's too your liking then playtime can be stored in a Game Variable, Switches can be turn on after events that raise the % and unlock Journal entires, when you start a new game you would have a large event that does a bunch of condition branches and if a switch is on add that Journal entry, when you come to the point where you would re add that entry to a check on the switch and add the entry if the switch is off

ofcause this way is a lot of work to set up and maintain, if someone can come up with an easier way i'd go for that

Ranquil

Okay, does anyone have the New Game + script somewhere? I'd really need it. :/
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.