Any Indie game you love?

Started by orochii, September 10, 2013, 03:34:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

orochii

Indie, as independent. No publisher, or not from the high spheres. Those that EA and Acclaim surely think that are pure shit they stomp with their fetid feet.

So, um, spread your love!

I want to start with some kind-of pretty popular games. Cave Story, yuss. I know it is not an Indie anymore, but anyways, I do recognize it because of Pixel (Amaya Daisuke) having perseverance and stuff making the game all on its own for several years. I respect that kind of stuff, and feel a little jealous at the same time for the amount of love CaveStory receives :'D. I want some of that for my children!

As a special mention I put in Another World, from Éric Chahi. He was not Indie, but the Another World started pretty much as it. Chahi worked on it at its own house, taking photographs to make the cutscenes and stuff, and speaking of cutscenes and overall graphics, he made its own vector graphics engine, drawing a lot of solid polygons per frame in pretty limited hardware. I think that's awesome C:.

I don't know, maybe I respect a lot this kind of guru game makers (like you, probably),
Orochii Zouveleki

Blizzard

McPixel was awesome. I've played quite a few, but none other come to my mind right now. I played McPixel about 2 months ago. It's hilarious.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Memor-X

i'm going to say it, Minecraft and Terraria, also been looking at this Cubeworld which is in Alpha apparently

I would also probably say Kamidori Alchemy Miester but i'm not sure if Eushully is indie or not, not to mention it's eroge and i run a patch onto of the English translation patch to block the H Scenes, it's still fun, going into maps, collecting resources, using alchemy to make stuff and sell it in your store or building up your heroine's armors, not to mention it's in a very big world that's been shaped by previous Eushully games, problem is that the Battle Goddess series is too old to translate (hard to get the games and how they were made) and Dungeon Miester apparently has a high amount of unavoidable heroine rape so it wont get translated either (even if it was i still wouldn't play it, even though it has Lilly but i don't want to see anything bad happen to her)

Type-Moon's games, they did start out as indie with Tsukihime so i'll talk about them, great story based games, Fate/, Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, even Melty Blood, i really want to put them out there so that we can get more support for the localization of Fate/Extra CCC since we can't call quits on Fate/Extra until we get out Far-Side of the Moon Heaven's Feel route

outside visual novels there's really only Recca-Tear (i think that's how it's spelled), how Extra Credits describe it is a game where "you play an Item Shop owner", i see it like Kamidori where while you have exploration to do you also have to manage your shop with the stuff you bring back, like in any large RPG you can't say you never wished that you wanted it to be real and make a living off exploring and selling your spoils

Blizzard

September 11, 2013, 03:58:52 am #3 Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:00:25 am by Blizzard
King of Booze was awesome, too. :V

EDIT: My BAC after the second beta testing.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Tazero

I enjoyed Monster manor the game was basically a point and click adventure where you have to find ... interesting ways to kill the monsters that you cross paths with and eventually find the exit. The site it was on was last updated in like july of 08 so... Yea :D

If you were a fish...

Blizzard

I gotta admit, I loved FEZ. The extra hard puzzles are nuts.

Heretic86

Trine was Indy, right?  It looked a helluva lot better than most stuff EA ever shat out.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

ShadowPierce

I believe the first Portal was indie. If not, then my vote goes to To The Moon... Recently, stories seem to have a bigger impact on my judgment than other aspects of a game, probably ever since I played 999... :P

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890