The Dark Knight

Started by NintenDood, July 19, 2008, 01:04:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NintenDood

Who here has seen it? I got the chance to see it at midnight Thursday night, and I'll write my impressions below: :haha:
The Dark Knight is what we needed, a swift kick in the butt to get us out to theatres and remind us why we even go to movies in the first place. TDK is a dark movie, not for children, and it boasts some great performances by all of the actors, especially the late Heath Ledger as the Joker. Whenever he came on screen it gave me chills just watching him, every movement performed with grace. It's a shame we won't be able to see Ledger in any more roles, but he would be very happy now to see the acclaim he is recieving from this role. I can't stop thinking about this movie, and I wish I could watch it again and again. This is THE MOVIE of the Summer. Forget Hellboy, forget The Hulk, (Maybe even forget WALL-E), This is the movie you have to see if you see one movie this year. I give it a 10/10 and am eagerly waiting to hear what you guys think of it! ^_^

Starrodkirby86

I'm probably not going to see this in the near future since I'm not a moviegoer at all. However, Christopher Nolan did do a very excellent job with this, making the environment so dastard and beautiful. Heath Ledger's Joker I'm sure is a masterful work of art. From what I read and seen, this is indeed an impressive movie.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

Al the reviews said it was amazing and Batman == epic so it's a win

wolfi--

July 24, 2008, 12:14:32 pm #3 Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:15:24 pm by wolfi--
I saw it on monday....

Here's what i think:- it was damn awesome. Heath Ledger played a friggin awesome Joker. I never liked the Joker BUT THIS WAS TO AWESOME.

I especially liked the magic trick.
It's real sad the such a great talent was lost at such a young age.

Starrodkirby86

I still think Heath should get some recognition, such as an award possibly. It already gave the man a great legacy, and his is more positive at the moment than Christian Bale (Who had to get out on Bail). I might as well go and continue this and say who loves the pencil trick? :P (Unless that's the magic trick you were referring to wolfi)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Fantasist

July 24, 2008, 12:24:29 pm #5 Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:26:18 pm by Fantasist
He most likely was. Being a Batman fanatic, I would say Dark Knight is awesome!! Joker, Batman's arch nemesis, the best portrayed yet! Heath acted wonderfully, did justice to the character which is probably a lot harder than playing Batman.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

KultzRDC

i just saw this movie (Finally lol). it was AWESOME!!!! :D :D :D 2 bad heath died b4 he knew how well it all end up he did the joker really good. :)

Valcos

I went to the drive in to watch batman..... It was amazing!!!  8-O How are they going to replace Heath if they decide they want to have joker back in it? I dont think they should  :roll:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Definitely going to be difficult if they would try and replace the Joker. In fact, it would be very difficult for a sequel to live up to this one, even if it were by Christopher Nolan I bet. But there are some good impressionists wanting to play as the Joker...Nolan may do so there...

Diokatsu

NUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
Joker is 2 kewl to replace...just use another Batman villan... ULTA can be the Riddler!!!

Valcos

Or the riddler will be Ulta! I think they should bring in mr.freeze! :haha:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

July 26, 2008, 09:50:01 pm #11 Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:50:49 pm by Blizzard
Count me out for Mr.Freeze, I'm not doing it. You can tell me that I'm made for the job as much as you want, I won't do Mr.Freeze.

... :V

Ok, back on topic. I haven't watched it yet, but the trailer looked very promising. I hope the DVD will be out soon. :3 Does anybody know when the DVD will be out?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on July 26, 2008, 09:50:01 pmI hope the DVD will be out soon. :3 Does anybody know when the DVD will be out?
I would assume the DVD would be out when theaters are not interested in airing the Dark Knight anymore. In other words, when the Dark Knight stops receiving revenue and Warner Bros. realize it, they'll start manufacturing DVDs. And that's probably going to take a while, I would assume...5 months maybe? I don't know, I never checked out the date of a Movie to DVD sort of thing.

nouman6

if they replace him.....the will lose :)

Diokatsu

5 months sounds about right but due to its popularity warner bros could rush the DVD...or stall  :evil: :evil:

Valcos

Im going to buy it Blue-Ray! :D! Itll have more features and better picture on the HD  :P Would be sick...
-Oscar De La Hoya