[XP][VX][VXA] Hunger and Thirst

Started by LiTTleDRAgo, September 19, 2013, 06:13:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LiTTleDRAgo

September 19, 2013, 06:13:36 am Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:18:08 am by LiTTleDRAgo
Hunger and Thirst
Authors: LiTTleDRAgo, ForeverZer0
Version: 1.07
Type: Party/Actor Add-On
Key Term: Actor Add-on

Introduction

Based on ForeverZer0's Hunger/Thirst script

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on May 14, 2010, 05:54:10 pm
Basically the title says it all. This script will add a Hunger/Thirst dynamic to your game. Actor's hunger/thirst will decrease over time or by stepcount. Has configuration for food/drink items and for states that will be added to actors whose hunger/thirst falls within specified ranges.

Features

• Look at Original Thread

Screenshots

Script

Here

Instructions

In the script

Compatibility

Compatible with VX and VX-Ace
Just in case, compatible with RMXP, although if you use XP, I recommend you to grab the original script
Not Tested with Blizz ABS

Credits and Thanks

• ForeverZer0 for the original script

• LiTTleDRAgo

Author's Notes

Enjoy ~

PhoenixFire

~resurrects long-dead topic~

Maybe I just don't understand how this is set up, but, I can not seem to properly set up items to restore hunger or thirst? Is there anyone who knows this system well enough to provide some instruction on this? I've been able to get the hunger/thirst reduction configured per step count and time, but I can not get it to restore through items.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

I take it you're using VXA because of your game? You should probably post your configuration data just to make sure we can test under the same conditions. You're not using any other scripts that might be causing a conflict either, right?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

PhoenixFire

January 29, 2015, 03:56:44 pm #3 Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:02:32 am by PhoenixFire
Yes, I decided to try out VXA to see how well it works for what I'm trying to do.

I'm using almost exclusively Drago's scripts, minus a custom savefile script, but that should in no way affect this. I'll upload the project when I get home later this evening.

EDIT: http://rmxpace.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Abandoned.zip
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

LiTTleDRAgo

*update to 1.07*

- fixed "cannot restore hunger / thirst when both hp & sp is full"

PhoenixFire

okay, so, I updated with the newest version, however, that does not fix (sidenote, my hunger and thirst are not full) I also included a savegame in the newest upload of the "demo" and it has lowered thirst and hunger, and I have a food item in inventory, yet when you try to use it, it just gives an error sound and doesn't do anything. My though is that I'm somehow managing to improperly set up the notetag code in the bread item in the database? Hopefully it's as simple as that, but if not, I'm not sure what else to look at.

KK20

<recover hunger by percent>
<hunger: 10>

I don't blame you, I got confused for a bit too until I saw the regular expressions.

Other Projects

PhoenixFire

February 02, 2015, 07:44:48 am #7 Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:50:06 am by PhoenixFire
-is still slightly confused-

so the proper tag for recovering health by 10% is <hunger: 10> ?

EDIT: Yep, nevermind, I looked at the REGEX you were talking about, and tested out my theory. Good to go now lolz. Thanks KK20, you helped quite a bit here.

*levels up both you and drago*

PhoenixFire

New Issue, screenshot here: http://imgur.com/DSUEH4J

Only occurs during battles, and never on the first round (when player is the one attacking). Probably has something to do with the battle system or menus I'm using; I can upload a copy of the project if needed.

KK20

Looks like someone used (or is using) an item during the battle.

I'd try moving
attr_sec_reader   :hunger_tags,         'LiTTleDRAgo::HUNGER_THIRST_TAGS'

under Game_Battler instead of Game_Actor.

Other Projects

LiTTleDRAgo

probably somewhere on your battle system makes your enemies using item/skill that increases/reduces hunger on itself,
or you using such item/skill to the enemies.
(this script is originally for Game_Actors only)

*temporary fix* - at least the game won't crashed when such situation occurred.

probably ~

PhoenixFire

I tried the fix suggested, but to no avail. I think this may be a case where you might need to see everything in use. I've uploaded a link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fzjxdoh87sc8mcr/AADo7ajUG6vykLLQwMqPKs7aa?dl=0

LiTTleDRAgo

which one?
my internet is low, I don't want to download all 150MB++