Global Warming

Started by Fantasist, January 10, 2008, 10:27:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

Is it a crisis in the first place? And is it really human made? I say none:

This is a layman's myth buster, simple and to the point. In the end, there's a reference to a petition against global warming. You might want to google it if you're interested.
http://www.abd.org.uk/green_myths.htm

Got to love this one. It's got statistical data, and it puts the evidences in favor of global warming in question based on the accuracy of the methods normally appliedto collect data.
http://xtronics.com/reference/globalwarming.htm

And this is a rather aggressive take on global warming.
http://www.americanpolicy.org/un/thereisnoglobal.htm

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

January 10, 2008, 11:45:28 am #1 Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:47:55 am by Blizzard
Actually fro last what I heard it's not mankind's fault that it's getting warmer. One volcano alone yearly lets off more CO2 than all mankind. It's a natural cycle which means that we could soon have another ice age. =/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

I didn't know that!!
Hmm...to think, Ice Age, kinda creepy isn't it?

We may have the most sophisticated technology out there, but that doesn't mean that the world is ready for another Ice Age...

Vell

Earth is ready for everything that it itself creates...

the Earth has a lifespan of tis own, and every day it gives us a blessing of warmth from its Core... however... it HAS a lifespan, which we are decreasing, by sucking the world dry with everything we do... we are shortening that lifespan, several times before, the Earth stopped sending its heat, it died down, letting its Core, its Soul, recover, after having been weakened by something, most likely just a long time of keeping up the constant heat it does... it took too much of Earth's own strength...

I'm not saying the Earth is living AND breathing, but im sure as damned hell saying the Earth is living, the earth, like humans, has a soul, and just like humans, that soul grants it its warmth, however, while a humans soul takes the form of a heart, the Earth's took the form of its Core, and with it, it shared its warmth and shared its lifespan with the animals, the plants, the humans on its back.

now Earth may have to wound down, we know its been several thousands of years, and if humanity believes that Earth's cycle will stop for them, I welcome there imminent death, sure, I will die with humanity, but i dont mind dieing whenever, I'm just living in a corrupt world of people who want more power among there kind.

Earth may have another, as we call it 'ice age' soon, oh well, if one DOESNT come, well... what? is the Earth's soul to wither and wane for eternity? for the few thousand years left? tell me, would you rather we all end and new life come, and have the planet live longer, or would you rather we live a little longer and die along with Earth?

is it not true that most humans enjoy heat and warmth over cold and bitter frost? so, a slight rise might be Earth's way of forgiving us for Defiling her, and a way of apologizing for not being able to give us a longer span, however, just as a mother who gives her child, she fears if she can give us a good life and thus trades us, so that she may recover and grow stronger enough to nurture another species for the time it requires. it sounds horrible... however, is that because you decided that? or were you raised to believe that someone who gives a child up, be it young or old, is horrible? if so can u truly say that u believe it?

Blizzard

OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!111oneone

Nvm the spam. I think, even though the air pollution might not really contribute to global warming, I still think people should reduce it. The reasons are simple: Have you seen how Chicago looked like from the far in the 90s? It was covered in a smoke fog (smog). =/ Imagine how many people can get problems and even deseases with breathing. =/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Nortos

Either way if our pollution is helping the C02 levels or not and even if Volcanoes make more we should still saviour our energy and look for more renewable sorts as there won't always be fossil fuels and oil ect also here in Australia we are even conserving water as we are in a draught mainly because the migrators in the 17th-18th century screwed our big river "The Murray River" up with trees they brought in which weren't suited to the river and salted it.

Calintz

Agreed...
I mean if you think about it, the only beautiful places on earth practically anymore, are landmarks that are being protected, and that'd be the only reason that they haven't been destroyed.

Nortos

Venice used to be beutfiful from pics but one my friends went there and said the waters like yellow...

Galatea

Hmmmm, many says that a comet will hit earth. 80% of humanity will vanished.
Thats from i think the Bible, All that happens in "Noah's Arc" will happen again.

Another is, they say that the earth will hit the 12th planet, they named it "Nibiru"
( Its the planet next to pluto. )

AND, all of that will happen if Global Warming will stick to high that it destroys
the athnosphere. Good thing, we RMXP users doesnt harm the ozone layer. right?

(Watch the 12th planet!!! at youtube, just type "Nibiru")
All shall be revealed!  ;D

Nortos

for the sake of this being moved to spam...But if we polute even more we'll miss Nibiru like in Futurama when all the robots let out their vents at once imediately traveling further away from the sun and lowering the earths temperature :P

Galatea

So, we need robots to avoid Global Warming?

Nortos

exactly (writing these words in brackets to avoid one word post :P)

Galatea

Hmmmm, exactly what kind of robot is that?

Hey, its good to create a rpg which the story is about Global Warming.
What do you think? ( Oh no, off topic again! Sorry! )

STOP GLOBAL WARMING!  ::)

Vell

i say if it kills humanity off, let it stay, let it kill us, obviously if were not doin much to contribute to it, Earth wants us gone.

Galatea

Yeah, what an awful truth.  :(

Vell

not awful for me, or for you when you think about it, all I'm doing is living in a world created by corruption and human greed and human-caused destruction, and in order to survive I must play it by their rules, I like to stay alive so i can do stuff, however, if humanity were to go exctinct, I'd gladly fall with them.

Nortos

lol I love Ulta's views on life their awesome

Vell

so pessimistic as i am, one cannot wonder but as to why I can look forward to the next day.

Calintz

I think that this will happen regardless if humans live to see it or not.

- I believe that eventually, that the sun is going to die. It's just one big star, and like all others, I think it's gonna fizzle out. After that, it'll make earth an uninhabitable planet. Everything on earth's gonna freeze and dry up.